Question R3E community inspired Liveries

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Scotty G, May 11, 2021.

1. Scotty G

Scotty G Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hey dev team!

I would like to ask if it's possible for R3E communities to be given opportunity to create a handful of liveries. I understand that there is a LOT of red tape when it comes to putting logos and such on the cars. I would see it as simply the community's logo, with addition of logos approved for use by their respective owners (in writing). It would point eyes at the community, hopefully furthering the generation of racing leagues and may even increase player base.

I think this could massively boost discord presence on those communities who chose to partake, and would be free advertisement for members who are running hobby/small time racing gear companies and are willing to have their logos used for free. If teams are able to secure usage rights to companies like MOMO or Fanatec, etc. that would be fantastic, but at this juncture I think just getting the team names out there could have positive impact.

Respectfully,
    Scotty G

• Like Like x 1
  2. KoenigseggRS

KoenigseggRS New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I've heard that a few teams in the Cupra Sim-racing event right now have their own liveries. It's also how R3E makes a bit of money, since they sell the liveries that don't come with the car you purchased, eg. I bought the Porsche 911 GT3R, comes with one livery, the rest is paid.

3. Scotty G

Scotty G Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I would pay a buck for a community made livery if it was hideous enough.

I would say give the community leaders a code for say 100-200 copies of it, everyone else has to pay.

It wouldn't get included in packs, but would be available for purchase separately.

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Thing is that even the esports liveries have to get approved by 3rd parties exterior to s3, and r3e , even classic liveries that exist in real life havre to go to audi / porsche etc , so as far as i know its a lot of faffing around and can take for ever

Andi

5. Scotty G

Scotty G Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I'm not looking to recreate a livery. I'd imagine there would be creations similar to what the GT2 cars have done.

How long was the turn around time for the liveries of the GT2 Audis?

6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Months, as far as i know and they are official licences , so money changed hands ...
    Id honestly wouldnt hold your breathe as this has been asked for a thousand times and is pretty much dead in the water

Andi

7. Scotty G

Scotty G Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I will remain whimsically optimistic.