Problem R3E keeps crashing after few laps - everytime

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Ami_M3, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    This happens every time I complete few laps. I cannot play this sim. This is on the Suzuka track, haven't checked with the other tracks so far.
    Here is waht happens:
    -once I complete anything from 3-6 laps I suddenly experience huge stutter (screen freezes for about 2-3 secs, engine stays at certain revs) after which the screen goes black and I hear the car crashing the wall or whatever obstruction.
    After this spectacular special effect that I didn't turn on :p in the menu I can still hear the engine, I can turn the car off, turn it on again, rev, even drive - but the screen is black. It looks like after the stutter everything goes back to normal, except there is no vision. I have to alt-tab and force the application to quit. No dump files. This is very frustrating.
    I run the application in 64 bit
    My system:
    -win 7 64
    -i7 4790k
    -geforce 1060, the most recent driver installed
    -16gb ram
    -Logitech G29

I tried it several times and it always happens. After the black screen I run integrity check every time.

Any help is appreciated

ETA
    Just tried R3E in 32 bit mode to see if it's the same, and it's even worse. Immediate ctd after loading the Suzuka track. This time there is a crash dump file (attached)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Does it happen with any other track?

3. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Just tried Hockenheim in Practice mode, 16 laps and no crash. Will try full race with at least 20 laps when I get a chance.
    However as I was exiting R3E it crashed. Attached is the crash dump file

Attached Files:

4. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Possibly, and I would post crash error here. However with this particular issue there is no crash message, just black screen.
    I don't know if anybody else has the same issue or not. Hard to say, there are people that own R3E but aren't present here. Since I got this game (not too long ago) I have a folder full of crash dump files, and I've never posted anything so far. Doesn't mean I had no issues, just didn't voice them. Could be the same about this particular issue with other users.

I've searched different forums and this game is unfortunately notorious for constant crashes. Here is a fairly recent post from here (eta: see the post below, this is precious, forum won't let me post this link, even though it directs to this very forum)
    I've searched a forum in my native language and tons of people have problems with R3E crashing too. I've posted two crash dumps, hopefuly the devs can pinpoint the problem.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  5. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Ok, this is classic. I've just tried to post a link and it didn't allow me, saying I need to meet certain number of posts. Required 1, I have 7 (now 9). WTH?
    r3eforum.jpg

Bah, whatever, just use google. Type R3E crash after crash and you'll find the post

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  6. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I digged a little deeper and actually there is at least one more person on this forum who had the same issue at Suzuka. It's from a while ago, but this person claims it's track specific. Since I am not allowed to post links attached is a screen grab.
    BTW, just completed 7 laps (not many but enough for Suzuka to crash) on Spielberg and no crash.

Attached Files:

7. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    If its not happening in practice but is in race i would have a guess at a replay recording issue, try -noreplays or -no replays (not sure of the space or not) switch in the steam launch options and see what happens then.

8. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. I never actually even got to the race because of the issue, but will try your suggestion anyway.

9. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Tried it and it actually helped in practice mode. I was able to complete 18 laps, no crash.
    Then I run a race, 10 min quali - no crash, then the game crashed on 3rd lap of the race:mad:

10. Alex Wurst

Alex Wurst RaceRoom

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Try -disableReplay , that is how it is in the Event version.
    Also, do you have enough free space on your harddisk? i assume you do, but a single larger race (4h) can take up to 4GB.
    While you're at it, try deleting every file in Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\ReplayData

11. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I think I've used -disableReplay (I searched and I think that's what was suggested)
    I still have over 350GB of free space on my disk, so I'm good here. While my system resides on SSD I run R3E from a separate 1TB drive that I use just for games. It's not SSD, but it's a fairly fast HDD and it was never a problem with any other title (I also have 16GB of RAM).
    I'll try to delete ReplayData and see if it helps when I have the chance (currently occupied with rF2 and AMS so didn't have much chance to run R3E in the last few days). Thanks for the suggestion.