Problem R3E now sees AccuForce as 540degree wheel after 2015-06-02 Update?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by shovas, Jun 4, 2015.

1. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    After the latest update, the steering was acting as if it wasn't steering the car as much as it should have for the physical wheel movement. I have default steering locks. When I use the SimCommander software to change from 900degrees to 540degrees then the steering feels right.

It didn't do that before. I think it must be getting the degrees of rotation wrong for the AccuForce.

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Did you have a look in all the possible Settings in R3E? Car-Setup for example

3. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Pretty sure I did.

After playing with this more I'm pretty confident R3E is no longer doing their automatic steering ratio setup based on wheel degrees rotation and steering lock. I'm setting steering lock 30 just to get to feel like the car is steering the proper amount with how much I'm rotating the physical wheel. I didn't have to do this before the update

It might just be an AccuForce thing, of course.

4. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    In the wheel settings where the steering lock is there's also a wheel rotation setting and it's NA for me.

The AccuForce shows up as a 6 degree + 48 button controller. It makes me wonder if it's getting the proper information about the wheel.

Because it doesn't have the proper wheel rotation it can't calculate the steering lock which is 13 for every car.

Is there some file I can edit to force it to know the proper wheel rotation?

5. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    This is still an issue. I'm forced to set wheel lock in-game to 30 which makes every car feel the same.

Isn't R3E supposed to automatically handle this wheel rotation stuff these days?

6. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    After deleting my controller profiles and remapping controls R3E now acts like I'm turning hard-right. Then when I center the wheel it hits the bump stop and a huge jarring force is felt through the wheel.