R3E Offline

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juergen Herrmann, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Juergen Herrmann

Juergen Herrmann New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I`m not sure, if this was mentioned/discussed before, the forum search doesn`t bring up something similar. One of the main reason for me, to don`t invest more money into R3E, is the lack of offline playing. Are there any future aspirations, to change this?

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    No, this has never been brought up before. ;)

Just kidding, of course it has been widely discussed, it's one of those things many people dislike. There are a number of reasons why it was decided to have an always online requirement but I agree that it has major drawbacks and I strongly support finding a way to have some sort of offline mode.

In an interview a couple months ago a member of the dev team said they'd like to offer this as well and that they are investigating possible ways of having offline functionality. Hasn't been mentioned ever since but I know that when they say they are look at a certain aspect then they really are trying to find a sollution.

Hopefully they'll manage to introduce it cause you're not alone in saying always online is impractical and a deterrent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1