Problem R3E repeated crashes

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Redglyph, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    R3E is crashing every time I'm trying a single player practice session at Spa with RF2. Here are the dump files.

exception code 0xC0000017

Yesterday I made several sessions, and a race session, without any problem at all. Today I've also made some challenge sessions without any problem (Winter DTM). Except the bad lap times of course ;)

It has crashed one right after clicking on "Drive", before doing anything, twice right after starting to drive, in the very first seconds.

Has something been updated since yesterday? I saw nothing from Steam.

System specs: Windows 7 x64, i7 4770K, 16 GB RAM, GTX 980 Ti 6 GB, T500 RS, TrackIR 5

EDIT: sorry, just saw there were other similar threads

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  2. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Same with Audi TT, Brands Hatch.

The first file dump: didn't crash but in the pit I realized R3E didn't register TrackIR, so I quit and then it crashed.
    2nd dump: crashed right on the pit exit line.

Could it come from the server? Again?

Attached Files:

3. dreken

dreken New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    can you help I have never had any problems with R3E but since I installed FR2 I'm getting crash dumps and even using different cars .. can you help ? please

Attached Files:

4. Benny7881

Benny7881 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Hi there,

also struggling when using GP2 cars even on a test ride.

Have done following:
    Game start - Store - GP2 Testdrive

Right after the first corner the game crashes (see attachments)

Attached Files:

5. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I suppose we have to submit a ticket?
    Still no feedback from the support on this problem, which seems to impact many people, has the cause been identified?
    It's stange that there was no problem before noon, and now it's impossible to do anything, without any change in the software in between.

UPDATE: ticket submitted...

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  6. Benny7881

Benny7881 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    It seems that these problem occur at each and every computer in an other type. I can play all other tracks and cars without having any problems only if i want to use the Formula cars the game crashes.

7. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Sorry but I don't understand your first sentence. As for the car / track, I haven't tested them all, but it happens with other cars than RF2, and apparently people have crash in pretty much all modes (single / multiplayer, practice, race, watching a previous race...).

I wished we had some feedback about it, and I hope it won't be down again for days.

8. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Verify the game files in steam that solved my problems similar to this , all good now ;)

9. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I've done that, but all files are good. Since it was working one hour before the start of those crashes, I would have been surprised! Plus, it would have been for many people. But still the check had been done :)
    I'll try again tomorrow.

10. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Yea it was same for me, I been doing leaderboard chalange dit att least 7 online races then whent to do som single practice and from no where it just crashed big time and after that it was imposible to get the game to work more than about 3-5 minute untill it crashed again. So I did restart of steam and computer verified files updated graphich card drivers and restarted computer again after that it all worked just fine so far.. :D

11. Benny7881

Benny7881 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Hi Redglyph,

what i meant is that everyone seems to have different problems when the game crashes. I can play without any problems all content of the game EXCEPT the GP2 cars. If i choose them for a testdrive from the store the game crashes as soon as the track is loaded. All other cars / tracks are working fine...

• Like Like x 1
  12. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I did verify as well, then all was good.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    yea mine is still working just fine after verify.... ...

14. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Today it seems more stable, I could do an entire lap of Spa without any crash, I lack the time to test it further right now. Maybe the servers have been fixed, in any case the file integrity was fine on my end so that's the only explanation I can come up with, hopefully we'll get some feedback as to what happened.
    I haven't been around long enough to tell whether that sort of things already happened.

15. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    @dreken @Benny7881 - is it working for you now? Or do you still have those crashes?

16. Jerry090460

Jerry090460 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone, I have a problem I hope you can help me .From when I installed on my PC system Windows 10 Pro 64 -bit the game I do not work piu.Cosa should I do ? Hoping for your prompt help I thank you in advance !:(

17. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Err, not sure I understand the problem, nor what it has to do in this thread. Please either create a thread with the details and log files, or create a ticket for the support, to avoid confusion :)

18. Jerry090460

Jerry090460 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    sorry , thanks mate !

• Like Like x 1
  19. dreken

dreken New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes its working now .. I did try and write back that I found by starting R3E from steam rather than using my logitech wheel link .. it appeared to load a small update ..about flash player I think.. and it worked fine from then on .. I could run it again from wheel link