R3E Setup Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1mre, Dec 14, 2017.

1. F1mre

F1mre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Is there a R3E specific car setup guide available? Or does Sector3 plan to do one?

I know there are many setup guides but R3E setup screen is just different and as a setup novice, it just causes confusion, impatience and no fun at all.

There is a brilliant one for GTR2 (fan made), step by step, difficulty is marked, effects explained etc. I am thinking of a similar one for R3E.

2. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

No there is no official car setup guide.
    The one of GTR2 is still suggested by people on the forum, so it should be good :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    If you understand German, this video by Jan Seyffarth. He misunderstood the setting philosophy in the TC options andf thought he settings 1-6 equal gears 1-6 :) , else he wonderfully explains what effects the individual components have if you tighten or loosen their settings, and why this is so.

Tech speak starts at around 2:00, the first two minutes are different stuff.

If you dol not know him, F1mre, Seyffarth is a pro GT3 driver in real life. He knows the sutff, and his epxlanations show it. You can explain such thign sonly understadnably if you really have understood them in and out, and also know what a novice maybe would not knopw and thus needs to be told.

More such videos he says are coming over the winter.

4. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    All you need imo...

RaceDepartment-Setup-Guide-1.0

21 Steps Setup Guide GTR2

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. F1mre

F1mre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your replies.

It still frustrates me why there is no tire temperature information ingame. (interior-exterior) Or at least I have not found it yet. It seems such a basic info and could be easily monitored by the player. (one of the first points in the 21 step setup is about tire temperatures)

Should I be using an external software for telemetry?

6. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    We can not adjust the tire pressure but you can see the tire temp in the data displays of the cars.

7. F1mre

F1mre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's so strange that it cannot be adjusted.

8. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Well, raceroom is a game designed to be played at raceroom cafes, so you need to be able to play and be competitive with basic setup. That's probably why pressures are set to always be at optimal values.

9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Well, I think this is more so a remnant of the original game design from ~4 yrs ago. Back then, the game was aimed a bit more at a mainstream audience, so having a ton of setup options and things to adjust didnt make sense. It has only been since Sector3 took over the game that things started developing more to the hardcore side of the spectrum.

@F1mre Tire temps have been in the game for quite a while now and tire pressures are also there, albeit at always optimal pressure. Just make sure to go to the secondary controller options and map a key for "data display page flip" and use it when you are driving to get tire temps to appear on your Motec display.

10. Nordschleife

Nordschleife Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    @yoori benutze doch den ProRacing Dashboard Manager Version 1.6.3.7 von Stefan Mizzi.
    Da kannst du alle möglichen Datenwerte (auch die Reifen, Bremstemperaturen und der Zustand der Reifen) auf einem externen Bildschirm oder einem Tablet betrachten.
    Ein geniales Tool.

11. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I don't speak German and I find pro racing dashboard too unpolished. I'm using other dashboards to read telemetry