R3E Web Dashboard Released

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Stefan Mizzi, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Basically, yes

2. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, interesting. I have to check how to send commands to the game to switch things ON/OFF. Wasn't aware that one could do that...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chmul Khom

Chmul Khom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Here you can download my button box template:
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/baileys-free-custom-button-box-for-r3e-using-your-tablet.572/page-2#post-39867
    and you can customize it to your wishes... it's simple based HTML Code (index.html)

Instructions and main program you get from here:
    http://www.simracing-tools.de/simtools/index.php?id=assign-buttons-to-button-box

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    What I really need to know is how the commands are sent to the game :) Hopefully I'll find out.

5. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    OK...after some experimentation, it seems that button box is also coming to Proracing Dash :)

I have only tested it on Win 7 and hopefully it will also work on all other OS versions. Whats remaining now is to create a screen so that you can build your own button box dashboard.

If you guys have any images I can upload on the server as defaults for others to use post them here and I'll add them.

Cheers
    Stefan

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic! When this is ready I can have a button box on my Kindle Fire HDX :)

7. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Yep, that is correct :) I tested it with my samsung S5 to switch HUDS ON/OFF and other stuff and worked. Lets hope it works on other devices/windows OS

• Like Like x 1
  8. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Well as far as I've been able to tell, the existing telemetry feedback to the dials etc. with the current ProRacing Dash all works on my correctly on my Kindle Fire, so hopefully so will buttons!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Button box screen builder is almost ready too. Basically you first build your own custom button, set the ON and OFF images, map the Key...

...then you can build the dashboard with a mixture of the default/custom widgets or/and the buttons you create...or just a custom button box dash....and the new dash with buttons will appear in the my widgets section.

screenbuilder.PNG

screenbuilder2.PNG

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I have just released the latest version with contains the Button Box (beta!) support.

Please note that only keyboards keys can be mapped. Also, I did not have lots of time to test it, so please be patient with me and report any bugs and enhancements that you might wish. Remember that this is a free service out of my free time :)

Also note that due to the nature of button boxes where one needs to click on then, I removed the navigation buttons in My Widgets and instead applied the Swipe option. Swipe will work both on desktop and mobile/tablet devices. Swipe left/right to scroll between dashboards, up/down to exit.

Hope you'll enjoy it!

1. A new button "Create My Button Boxes has been added".
    1.PNG

2. When clicked, this screen will open.
    a. Set the Description which will tell you to know what the button is when you hover on it
    b. Set the On and Off images. You can find images from the web (example http://www.flaticon.com/) and upload them to some free service like Igmur and then just get the link to the image. Just paste it
    c. Set the Key you'd like to map to the button
    d. Save :)
    2.PNG

3. You will then find these in "Show My Widgets". You can add to the custom dash by clicking on it, or delete/edit/clone it.
    3.PNG

4. You can create a dash full of button commands
    4.PNG

5. Or maybe you'd fancy a dashboard with a mixture of data and command buttons
    5.PNG

6. The Button Box will be available in My Widgets
    6.PNG

7. An example of the mixed data and buttons in my widgets
    7.PNG

• Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  11. Meridian

Meridian New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Stefan,

Is there a way to get the Speedo to show MPH. I have Imperial selected in the manager but speed still shows as KPH.

Also I've been trying to get the map draw function to work but I've failed miserably.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  12. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Hi :) Thanks for reporting it, I'll check if the speedo is being converted accordingly.

The track map function is not ready yet, I still need to figure the last bits and peaces to make it work properly. Just need to find some time :)

Cheers
    Stefan

13. Dunmarie

Dunmarie New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I love your program. To me it is the best of them all.
    However, the last couple of weeks I just can't use it. I have selected "Open widgets on startup". So it will start and then go minimize.
    When I click on the icon it comes up with the following error basically immediately:

ProRacing Dashboard Manager
    A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I have done a un-install and re-install but the problem persist. The program crash to quickly to untick the "Open widgets on startup".
    If I can find where it stores the settings, maybe I can reset it to defaults and see if it will start.
    I am using Windows 8.1. In the Event Viewer I get the following error:
    Faulting application name: ProRacingDash.exe, version: 1.6.1.15, time stamp: 0x5711f029
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x536a1960
    Faulting process id: 0x1c88
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d199816f0b579f
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ProRacingDashboard\bin\release\ProRacingDash.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: aeb98ac9-0574-11e6-826e-80a58965f176
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Please help.

14. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Hi Dunmarie,

Hmm, the error does not say much but you can please do something for me? Go to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\ProRacingDashboard and manually delete all files.

Then try to install it again and will see what happens. If this wont work, then I will ask you for your database file so that I'll test it myself for you and fix the startup option.

Lets start from that first. Let me know :)

15. Dunmarie

Dunmarie New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    OK, I have done that with the same result.
    Please let me know where the database file is and I will make it available for you.
    Will deleting the database file and help? Maybe it is corrupt?

16. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Don't delete the db file for now. Let me check it first. Go to the folder, something like this:

C:\ProgramData\{7EF0CA16-FEBD-4D49-85DC-ECC37E02F153}\Database

and send me the database.db file

Cheers
    Stefan

17. Dunmarie

Dunmarie New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  18. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Hi @Stefan Mizzi

I've noticed that the live timing dashboard (on a second screen, same computer) was causing lots of in-game stutter.

I struggled to find were this came from.. but after lot of testing I find out that it was from the dashboard. It seems to be some kind of load on the CPU. While racing with the dashboard display I can see that the web browser use more or less 10 to 15% of the CPU. nothing that looks critical, but as soon as I reduce or close the browser, all stutter disappear in game.

The more opponent there is to display, the more stutter I had. At the end the game became unplayable with more than 30 opponents (+40IA was a pure mess).. despite a solid frame rate (Geforce 970GTX) and a 100Hz G-sync monitor.

I found a workaroung by using Bill's process manager, with witch I can set the brower at a very low priorty and assign it to only 1 or 2 cpu cores when it doesn't have the windows focus. Doing this I have no more a single stutter, even with +40 opponents.
    Of course the timing board is now refreshing less smoother but nothing dramatic as it's not something that you need for the gameplay.

So I was thinking: Is there a way you can add something to adjust the refresh rate of the datas in the live timing board, or having something that will use less CPU ?

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  19. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Hi Mate, yeah, the live timing is a bit heavy..all that data and the refresh rate is something around 200ms I think.

I will see how I can let the user to choose the refresh rate from an option in the manager.

Thanks for pointing it out!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    OK, so I have now added a new option where you can set the live timing update frequency. I set it to 1000ms and with 24 AI chrome was at 1% CPU and the update was still smooth I would say.

Will push it with next release.

livetiming2.PNG

livetiming.PNG

• Like Like x 1