Race Finishes & Lap Times

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MarcG, Feb 7, 2017.

1. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, couple of questions:

1) Is it possible to change the way a Race Finishes? I'm not liking the immidiate sudden end to a race when you cross the finish line, I'd like to keep going for a while longer and/or back to the Pits.

2) How can you view your own and other drivers Lap Times at the end of the race? I see the Leader board with the race times but can't see where to see individual lap times. I've tried Right-Clicking but that does nothing.

2. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    anyone? thanks :)

3. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
  4. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    MarcG said :
    1) Is it possible to change the way a Race Finishes? I'm not liking the immediate sudden end to a race when you cross the finish line, I'd like to keep going for a while longer and/or back to the Pits.

Back to the pits is too far for me :), but the sudden stop is jarring, especially if the racing has been intense (thanks to the excellent AI, it normally is!). I, like Marc, would like to be able to coast for a few moments/minutes to come down from this high. At the moment, it kills the immersion, and I almost dread crossing the line. Maybe that sounds a bit extreme (it is) but that's how I feel.

At this point, it is traditional to point out how easy a fix this would be.....:D:D:D.
    It is also traditional at this point for the Devs to avoid pointing out that if I was such an expert......

5. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Pretty sure the lap-times are stored in the .json file on the dedi-server.
    I know RD uploads their files to a results-server somewhere, which lists your consistency so presumably all the lap-times are there somewhere.
    But that's about the limit of my knowledge on that particular subject. :)

EDIT: Oh and I wholeheartedly second the rather abrupt shift to the results.
    Especially jarring when you're trying to record a replay afterwards. :D