Resolved Race start light latency

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Krisz, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Krisz

Krisz New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi!

In one of my race I realized that maybe the big start light has latency and I checked it in my recorded video and it does have!
    I made a quick video to show it.

When the start light goes green on track, you can see, in the bottom middle of the screen there is the timer and it starts. No green flag in top left, no green light in the big race light.
    As you can see with 00:00.04 (MI:SS.FF) (FF is millisecond) there is still no green flag on the top left corner.
    At 00:00.11 you can see the green flag and as I checked other videos it comes around 00:00.05, but the big race light is still red, however is starts changing color.
    At 00:00.12 the big race light already "orange".
    At 00:00.14 basically the same "orange".
    And on 00:00.19 it is clearly green. Probably around 00:00.15 will be green as checked other videos in slow motion, but for better visualization I wanted to stick in this particular start.

Now I know I should watch the track start light, but it cannot be seen if someone starts from the back.
    Since it is possible to jump in starts the reaction time is important and if you rely to the big lights you will have at least 0.15 seconds latency. Please fix it.

Thanks and regards,
    Krisz

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Not really a game bug. You're using a webHUD which has been shown to have a slight delay on the start lights for many people. Probably a result of the game sending the data to the HUD, that data being processed, and then displayed by the widget. So it's not the game's fault, as if you watch the trackside lights and/or use the actual in-game HUD, then there should be no delay.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Krisz

Krisz New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, you are right!
    I thought it is the in-game start lights, but now I checked it and it is indeed the OtterHUD-s start light. I didn't know it is just covered the original. And it was set to normal performance, 30 data/sec, now I switched to high performance (60 data/sec). And switched this OtterHUD start light off, because it does not give anything to the game.
    Sorry, my fault. Bug doesn't exist.

• Like Like x 1