Race starts, car wont move

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ElNino, Jul 22, 2015.

1. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    This has happened a couple times now. Basically i'll have the car in first, reving up around 5-6K rpm, and once the green light comes up, my car just sits there- it's not spinning out, engine is revving, but no movement. Of course i get hit, then eventually, after messing about with gears the car will move. Sequential no clutch manual. anyone else experienced this?

Actually, i just realized, perhaps i have auto clutch off on my sequential profile - but still, it's intermittent - some races fine so kinda weird.

edit; yeah that was probably it...hand over the dunce cap.....

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  2. opelman

opelman Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Yep. I have this too. And sometimes in race automated transmission does not know what gear use.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Made a similar post a while back, see it happened to Mr Heinmann in the DTM2015 race the other night, not good happening in a showcase, streamed event, I also noticed that one of the competitors was in blinking mode also, both these bugs are race spoilers and one at least (blinker) could be solved by reducing ping connection threshold, I can't remember a race recently that didn't involve dodging invisible cars, come on Devs, trouble is you don't know you're invisible so when you're twatted tensions are raised and abuse is thrown. Is there anyway to reduce the ping limit ourselves as in many other games, with a quick edit?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I had that once... My First thoughts was, that i had forgotten to switch in first gear. So I did and the car moves on... but than I've realised that I'm in second gear. So I must have been in first gear as it goes green.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Öberg

Öberg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    This has happened to me countless times.
    Its quite annoying, not because I may loose some positions in the start that doesnt bother me, But because I cant be stationary when race starts!! im in the way of people!!

I havent been keeping statistics but it seems to either be completely random or linked to certain class/car/track combinations.
    If I drive the Touring Classics Skyline I almost certainly will have this bug (95%+ of the time)
    Other cars it seems to not be as prominent, this may be a misunderstanding from my point however.
    Ive also tried to find some workaround to this bug by enganging different gears while waiting to start the race.
    So race starts counting down the lights, I spam Reverse Neutral 1st Neutral 1st Neutral Reverse Neutral 1st, occasionally this makes the car understand that indeed it does have a 1st gear, sometimes it has no effect at all.

Odd and, atleast seemingly, unconsistant bug o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Kevin Rötting

Kevin Rötting Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
  7. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    OK so i'm not a complete moron, good to know....I will report back when i see this happen with auto clutch ON. I switch between manual and auto alot, and get to pressing the Fx buttons, and occasionally change stuff without realizing. Never had this happen when using manual clutch, but i rarely use clutch in multiplayer.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    This did the trick for me so far. I go 1st, neutral, 1st and start. Didn't happen to me since I do this, but could of course just have been coincidental.

9. mrSweSin

mrSweSin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    it happend if you have to high revs and then do you need to get 2 gear to go. 1 gear dont broke. I use no autocluts and stars autocluts when i have got away.

10. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I usually have a slow getaway, a second later then the rest of the field.

11. mrSweSin

mrSweSin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    its your ping maby or hardwere. or you dont now that its not possible to jump start. but 1 gear in and only hold gas pedal down and you go away when it going green. reaktion time are same for all

12. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Actually I've had a few instances where I shift into first 'too early' and that is normally when the car refuses to actually move until I shift into neutral again then back into first. Normally if you just wait until the lights start to shift into gear you are pretty safe.