Bug Race vs race history

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Calado, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Calado

Calado New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi.

Today I've played 2 ranked races. Both of them had the same weird event and the same rating impact.

At race start, all the other cars become invisible. I'm racing alone, but at the end of every lap the server replies with my position. First race I was #9 the whole race and the second race #3.

As the screenshot shows, the rating impact is identical. All negative.

Any idea what's going on?

Regards,
    Calado

Edit: Tested my connection and no problems detected.

Attached Files:

2. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    If you look at the race results you see that you go a DNS (Did Not Start)
    You probably got kicked from the server before the start because of bad connection or a high ping.

upload_2021-8-22_7-16-17.png

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    When your connection fails or a server kicks you because of high ping, you disconnect from the race. So that wasn't a regular kick for sure, because he raced along with all the other drivers. Only the results weren't registered in the ranking system.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  4. Calado

Calado New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi. Thank you for your input.

I've had connection issues in the past and the game just kicks me out (error screen) or just crashes. This time, the server was registering every lap and sector times (including a best 3rd sector) and the race finish order. The player C.Guedes was in discord with me and he was also seeing my lap times and the finish order.

Connection tests reported no problems and it was a European server (Rookie Europe #4, maybe), so the ping should be low.

I had OtterHUD in use and Setup Helper (from a user in discord) open in the background.

I haven't had access to my computer since, so I can't say if the problem remains.