Raceroom, Carcontrol

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 95Stealthtt, Jun 24, 2023.

1. 95Stealthtt

95Stealthtt New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi
    Not sure if it's my setup or the game, but most cars are uncontrollable when the traction control is off.
    just a slight touch of the gas pedal and it spins out. when you try to power out of the spin there is no throttle. re-sponce.
    Fanatec wheel base 2.5v
    Fanatec wrc steering wheel.
    Fanatec clubsport V3 pedals with clutch.
    Fanatec clubsport shifter.
    Any suggestions appreciated
    ty

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Hair trigger throttle and lack of linear mechanical grip compared to lateral grip is one of my bugbears in this game - perhaps you can play around with the throttle sensitivity slider in game - slide it far to either the left or to the right (donĀ“t remember which way) to make it less sensitive at the beginning of travel and more at the end or if you have Fanatec driver software try there too.

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Fanatec .. it is always worth rebinding your pedals at the beginning of a session , takes a minute or so
    Make sure max linearity is 50 for the throttle
    0 tc ?
    Really race car drivers are in the 0 -20% zone
    Gentelman drivers up to 50% tc
    These cars are powerful so you cant stamp on the throttle on corner exit as they will spin

Andi

4. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    For GT3 for example, Porsche pros do not use traction control at all. Mid engine cars like Audi or Mclaren use it though. Let's not forget that real life GT3 is easier to drive than in any sim.
    It is still not that hard, the most important part is to apply throttle very slowly and consistently, especially if the steering wheel is at an angle. If the rear steps out, you can correct it.
    DTM 2020 pre update was very hard to drive for many, I never had any issues applying throttle slowly.

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Probably just you.

Go and drive the Porsche Carrera cup Deutchland cars. 500bhp. No TC. No ABS and stiff suspension. If you learn to drive those anything else is fine. You also cant "power out" of a spin unless its front wheel drive. If the rears have lost traction adding more gas will never make it better.

6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, I don't believe that. It makes sense to use some TC simply for tire wear reasons.

7. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Maybe we should ask Estre? :D If someone knows, should be him.

8. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. 95Stealthtt

95Stealthtt New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ty all for the suggestions.
    My issue is that the cars spin out even with the steering wheel straight and light throttle also
    when the car is sideways and you let off the brake and hit the gas the engine is dead nothing happens until the car comes to a complete stop.
    I track my Grand Sport Corvette without traction control, no issues.
    On Raceroom doing donuts the car stops then starts again, you turn the wheel the opp way and it keeps spinning in the same direction.

10. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Maybe a video would help? With input meter on screen.

11. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    That's traction control. Turn it down.