Raceroom Experience Fan Boost

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ocaso Dorado, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Ocaso Dorado

Ocaso Dorado Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Before talking about what I want o abord let me express the following:

Many of us have affirmed before, Raceroom Experience would be the best sim emulator ever created, actually I think that hasn't been so far a better sim than GTR2, but Raceroom might become much more better than that. Impressive graphics, all car brands, all tracks don't mean anything if you don't feel the adrenaline running through your vains while experience driving... Yeah, I finally tried AC and PC, but nothing compared to Raceroom, I was watching the "new" Drive Club from PS4, but I think that's just a wasted of talent and resources and it doesn't seem that a promissing racing game is soon to come. So this is it! I think I won't be able to play another sim if it just give crap instead of the passion of an aproach of real driving just like RRE has done. Actually my last sim was GTR2, not even the GTR evo, Race Injection, among others could overpass that sensation and features that GTR2 got...

So... here it is what I really want to talk about: What would community (Players and Devs) think about donations in pro to speed up RRE development... I know we fans would be willing to contribuite in a volunteer way; it crosses through my mind that if donations are succesful... not only there would be more cars and tracks available, but much more features, and what's more important, more free content available and a bigger community to play with on servers. Am I delirating?... I don't think so... I have known other games that survive not exclussive of the DLC or items from Mall shops, but they survive thanks for the love of fanatic players that support them and want those game keep alive.

The question is... are Players and Devs willing to?

2. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, and I'm sure this will get the torches and pitchforks out, as much as I support the devs I've already given them about $150 of my dollery-doo's which is far, far more (like 3x) than I've spent on any other racing sim. So, I'd be rather reluctant to part with any more cash, especially since I'll be spending on the Nords and that NU car soon, and probably the next ADAC pack (well, at least the Bentley anyway).

But, Reiza showed that crowd-funding can work for sim racers so it might be worth a shot.

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    :cool:Just go to raceroomstore and buy vrps and don't spent them for best cars and tracks at ONCE. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    As Brandon put it, Raceroom is already one of the most expensive sims out there if you want everything. Not counting cheapskates like me who grabbed most of it in that Black Friday deal. :D

But hey, if someone wants to plonk down some extra dough I'm all for it.

5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Thought this was a Formula E based feature request for a worrying moment.

I'm with Brandon. If there's one game that doesn't need crowdfunding then R3E is it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    That's what I do, and I've still managed to spend over $150 and will be spending more in the not too distant future. So, IMO they get enough of my money without having to support a crowd funding endeavor.

I thought the same thing at first. :D I'd say R3E "needs" crowdfunding as much or more than any other sim, I'm just not going to be willing to donate to it because of how much I've already spent on it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    The only thing that could speed up development would be more developers (with (racing) game dev experience). Even at a very cheap rate one additional developer would cost at least 5.000 €, each month.
    Don't see that happening. Apart from that, expectations are already quite high, partly due to people feeling they should get this or that because they paid some money. Imagine how it would end if S3S accepted money in advance.

On a sidenote, my flat has been real dirty lately, I think I could use a maid. Would you guys reach around the hat so I can finally live in dignity again? :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Its beta\early access\unfinished, that is exactly what they have done!

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Frankymoe

Frankymoe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    That`s no right! o_O
    You know what you get when you buy content (you can even test the cars before buying). If you are not satisfied with the current state of development then you shouldn`t buy any content.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. M4IRC1IE

M4IRC1IE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    I would like that The devs would Take More focus on a directx 11 or better 12 Version. Focused to the future would this be a good option and then start with the r3e 1.0 version.

11. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom 2 announcement soon!!! o_O

12. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    o_O

Edit-Brandons reply below made much more sense.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  13. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    What? o_O Who said anything about being unsatisfied with cars or content? As far as the current state of development, the devs have a long list of things they want to add but due to lack of personal and budget constraints it's a slow process. The OP was simply suggesting a way to help speed up the process. That doesn't mean anyone is complaining about the current state of things, just that we want to help them get through their "to-do" list as quickly as possible.

14. Frankymoe

Frankymoe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    @Brandon Wright: you misunderstood me!
    I refer to the statement from @Not Lifting Off! Out of my sight there is difference between the current business model and crowd-funding.
    Otherwise I aggree with you!

• Like Like x 1
  15. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Dear Christian,
    do you know what helped me?
    I stopped producing infantile motorsounds by pressing air through my closed lips. Sounds in game are already outstanding (I bow to Anthony Monteil).
    ;);)

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. Ocaso Dorado

Ocaso Dorado Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I think this is a fair price paid sim racing game... is up to you want what to purchase, not like other racing games that you paid for all, even bugs not listed and not possibility to complain to fix. I'm not fanatic of all content cars or tracks... I just owned what I like most, but it doesnt' mean I wouldn't be able to help develope the game if you consider the great potential, after all we all will benefit from result. I noticed some users complaining because they purchased all content and have nothing else to purchase, so what about to use the raceroom fan boost... just think about more licenses, that means more tracks more cars, and faster work on its development. We all know, we spots bugs or want this and that and devs are always there trying to fix or adding what we want. So bring suggestion in pro of this sim. 1 dollar can make the difference imagine that multiplied for all users that are willing to. I know that certain users are willing to donate between 5 to 100+ dollars maybe not everymonth but at least in a term of 6 months in a row. And what about those compulsive obssesive users that spends hundred maybe thousands dollars on trying new crappy games that are forgotten past a week.

So yeah this is for real fans not cheapskates, if I knew all users were that way, there wouldn't make sense I post this thread. and if this is gonna be replied by them the let's turn it off and let's get out of here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    The thing is if you open up for donations, investments or whatever you call it without a service in return, you basically get yourself stakeholders. I understand and honour your point of view, I'm not saying that you or that everybody would start making wild claims, but we all know there are some people who would.
    As for the licensing aspect, it might help, but then again you need some people creating the stuff you buy a license for, and we're back to where it would need serious cash, monthly, to afford hiring additional talent.

18. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    Dear god, hopefully R3E won't go to the crowd funding route ever! First, core of the game is already quite established and although many features are still lacking, I don't find crowd funding a viable option at this point the developement. Second, and related to the first part, I'd find some extra crowd funding scheme quite annoying at this point after spending big bucks to the sim already. So, I think I'm supporting enough already by owning everything except few skins of non-pack cars and buying everything that is released (most likely continue this way to the future). I also have around 6500 vRP's standing on my account ATM waiting to be spent, so I think I have done and will do my part.

But if someone wants to help even more, I think they should just ask the publishers banking information and send some dough to them. I have never ever met a person or institution of sorts that says no to a nice pile of dead presidents :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Or old bridges for Euro-land. ;)

20. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    To quote Beerfest. "Ach I told you we should've brought deutchmarks".

• Funny Funny x 1