Problem Raceroom freezes when I exit to pause menu

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by djdel002, Apr 6, 2017.

1. djdel002

djdel002 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,
    When attempting to exit out of a session to go to the Pause menu either the keyboard ESC button doesn't register or it does and then freezes and I can't do anything I usually end up rebooting. Even Alt-Tab doesn't work or if it does it takes like 3 min or so.

Anyone experienced anything like this? This is happening since the latest patch.

Attached Files:

• Log.rar
      File size:
      529.3 KB
      Views:
  2. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Yep, that happen really often. A lot of racing mates report the same. This happens since one month or longer. Annoying.

3. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean exiting from a race to main menu or do you mean pressing ESC to pause?

4. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    If the multiplayer session is over you have to choose next session or leave server. You leave the server, it's brings you back to the main menu, there you can see everything but it's freezes. Than Ctrl+Alt+Delete is the only option to close the game.

5. djdel002

djdel002 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Kitsune,
    Yeah it's when I pause. I have just been racing against AI.

It's when I am in a practice/qual or even race when I hit ESC sometimes it doesn't register and I'm still driving and can't escape out of it. Then after a min or so it will finally exit the cockpit and go to the menu screen where you can change car setups etc.

Sometimes if I am on track for any session and hit Esc and it works, the screen and sound will lock up and what I noticed last night was that if I wait long enough it will unfreeze. During driving everything seems fine. This doesn't happen every time but quite a bit.

6. djdel002

djdel002 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Still happening, I can't exit from the cockpit. Hitting ESC doesn't work a lot of the time (does work sometimes which is odd)
    so I have to Alt+F4 to exit the sim and restart. Raceroom is the only sim where I have this problem. Anyone else experiencing this?

7. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Not always, but yes, same issues here.
    ESC doesn't work but (have to check again) the designated pause button on my wheel acts like ESC.
    Finishing a race (against AI), the screens either freeze, or go to desktop, while I can still hear the sound. After some time, the UI appears again, or not... Strange...

8. djdel002

djdel002 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey Fanapryde!
    Yeah I noticed if I click the middle mouse button, THEN escape it will go to the pause menu. Very strange.