Resolved RaceRoom gone from steam library...

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Martin93, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Martin93

Martin93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I have played this game alot. But when I turned on steam today I had 1 less game in steam library, 49 instead off 50. So went and checked and cant find RaceRoom, and when I go to the steam store it say it's in my library but I have to download it again. And I have never deleted it ofc, played before bed time lastday then turned off the pc and opened steam now and its gone but all game files is on the PC.

So I tried to install again, but nothing happends it just starts with ''detecting existing game files''(or something like that, directly translated from norwegian) but nothing happends, just stands on 0%...

2. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Hello Martin!

Have you maybe switched from one steam account to another?
    Or have you moved some files manually maybe?

3. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    For me if I have to format or just delete the games out for some reason, I always have to search for Raceroom again in Steam, the title never has remained in my library like all other games, which is strange and annoying.

4. Martin93

Martin93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    No, I have done nothing. I have played the game last night, then went to bed and not turned on pc and steam today before now.

Edit: but now everything works. After like 2 steam restart and 5 attempts on install game again I finnally got passed the ''checking existing game files'' and when that was done the game was back in library and installed. So I have no idea what happend, but atleast everything is back to normal now...

5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, maybe your local Steam-Profile was corrupted... Raceroom isn't stored in the Online-Profile as it is Free 2 Play and you don't have to buy it. So it is only in your local Profile to indicate that you have it installed.

6. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0