Raceroom on consoles ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gabrunz, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Gabrunz

Gabrunz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are there opportunities to see raceroom on consoles ? as there are no free racing games on the store and it would be a great opportunity, following the tracks of the American's army (FPS) team that brought their game to PS4.

2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I think there's a far better chance of seeing GTR3 on consoles if and when it comes out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Sony chose to loose 30% of the sim racers who would have bought a PS4 by playing games with Fanatec wheel support. Microsoft isn't much better.
    I was one of many who really loved GT5 and GT6. I raced thousands of hours on both and the sim racing scene was much better than many PC only guys realize. I'm sure to get flamed for this, but the simple tire flex physics updated so fast that you could really feel the limit, once the car was properly tuned. Driving at limit, you could balance the car off the throttle more accurately than any current PC sim. Of course being a bit simcade, downshifting was encouraged at a level that would send any real car spinning and the brakes had to be backed way down to have any trail braking feel at all with a wheel.
    The new BMW 235i in Race Room has some feel in the tire flex that is very much in the right direction, but I still feel like there is a delay in counter-steering input and easing the throttle to catch a slide or balance when drifting.

The other big thing is having microphone communication built into the game itself. I know I could drop out of a PC server, search the web for the Discord or Teamspeak server name and password. Go back to the original race server and 10% of the guys in the room will hear me in a race. In GT6, it's automatic and everybody hears your mic when needed. I hope GTR3 will finally be the first PC sim to have comms coded directly in the game.

Polyphony has ruined the matchmaking system in GTS leaving the door open for GTR3 to do it right. Unfortunately, there hasn't been a truly great match making lobby since F1RST was built for the EA F1 series sim in 2003.

4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    R3E - as it exists now - isn't really what your average console gamer is looking for. Sim racing is too niche.

Race Pro (Simbin's attempt to bring RACE 07 to the Xbox 360) was a failure. The market for a dedicated motorsport simulator that doesn't offer road cars, upgrades, custom liveries and a career mode, is a small one on consoles.

R3E would need to change.

5. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    This question was asked a long time ago. And the answer was, not likely. Because of the amount of work it would take for the conversion wasn't worth the effort for the potential markets. Plus, do you want consoles or content?
    I'll take content please.