RaceRoom VR Mirror

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daniel Finney, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Daniel Finney

Daniel Finney Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone! I've been recording a lot of VR footage recently and a few people have pointed out to me that my view seems very 'zoomed in'. True enough, when I compare with the SteamVR or Oculus mirror I'm getting a much tighter crop on the image that RaceRoom uses for its native VR display on the desktop. I've attached a comparison picture to show you what I mean.

I've played around with EVERYTHING that I can think of. The FOV controls are disabled in the menus, changing the text values in the xml files doesn't have any effect either (either the main gfx config, or the individual car cockpit camera). I absolutely love the way RaceRoom does VR, the way the menus stay fixed on screen despite me moving my head, great for recording footage, which doesn't happen in the SteamVR or Oculus mirrors. Also, the SteamVR mirror seems very stuttery and low FPS despite being fine in the headset so that's not an option. The Oculus mirror isn't an option either as it shows my pinned windows (live chat and telemetry for streams) but I don't want people to see, also there's very visible warping and tearing going on despite turning the graphics right down.

Is anyone else aware of this and, if so, do you know a way around it? Clearly the actual image is there, as SteamVR and Oculus can display it, but the crop on the RaceRoom native VR mirror is much smaller for some reason. I would love to increase this crop, and get a larger FOV, but also keep the nice features of no warping, smooth performance and fixed menus on screen.

Many thanks!

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1