Raceroom wont start :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Moparcharger12, May 11, 2020.

1. Moparcharger12

Moparcharger12 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, I apologize if this happens to be in the wrong section or something but at the moment I am pretty bummed about this. This past Friday I was running a practice session in raceroom, I decided to do a race and as soon as I took the green flag the game froze up but I could still hear everything running. I even heard my car crash. I reloaded the game and went to a different track and got the same thing. On Saturday morning I decided to attempt to reinstall it, so I went to steam and uninstalled it and deleted the folder off the drive and reinstalled it. I got as far as the little screen that says "starting" and it just freezes. It completely locks the computer up. I can still move my mouse around but I cant click on anything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it 5 times now. I get the same result. It makes it to the starting screen and its froze up completely. I have tried installing it on different drives, verified the files on steam, I rolled back my graphics card driver and still nothing. Im pretty much at a total loss here. Really bummed because I love the game so much. If you guys have any ideas I would appreciate hearing them. Thank you! Some of my specs are below...

Windows 10 desktop
    32 GB ram
    AMD 5600 XT graphics card
    2 TB hard drive

2. MC_Hammer_82

MC_Hammer_82 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Did you took out the data of your personal folder e.g.: C:\Users\yourwinIDhere\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience.
    Do not delete it, just copy it to your desktop. There are all your steering wheel preferences, setups, graphic options and so on in it. If it starts successful, you can copy it back, file per file.