Racers get penalties while crashers can do anything...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tofmkIX, Mar 3, 2018.

1. tofmkIX

tofmkIX New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ...WHY? Do You really think that this absurdity will bring You more BUYERS? If I race out of the track, i can t accelerate and my car get transparent (it s ok, i deserve it) BUT why cant (or doesnt want?) You apply the same for people driving too slow or eratic or anything that is not RACING. I think it s easy to detect those kind of behaviour? I can tell You that You are loosing a lot of drivers/BUYERS because of that. Do something please : I think (and I know I m not alone) You should/must react. I write here because I love R3E. I Hope my english is understandable to You. Thank you. Christophe (France).

2. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Hi.. do you use free content ? Portimau and raceroom raceway are the worst for that as they are free and you get a mixed bag of racers there.
    The best racing you can get now is with the srs app. Check out the threads on how to get this to work. Very competitive and clean and racers of all abilities to keep it exciting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    There actually is wrecker prevention option that does ghost people that are not moving or moving wrong way etc. It's up to server admin to turn it on.
    For your information most "buyers" don't usually race free content and rarely encounter such behaviour

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. geoffr51

geoffr51 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah mate, I'm with you. I keep getting pinged at arious corners whilst clearly, still with 2 wheels on the racing surface ie: Esses at Raceroom T3/4 inside right hander. And yet, at this same corner I have seen people leave the road completely and not get a penalty even punting me off as they rejoined!! Hitting someone from behind MUST be an instant penalty....without fail. It's a cardinal sin on a racetrack, though difficult with people hogging the raceline and cornering 20kmh slower than you. It would annoy the habitual crashers though. There are some fast people on the pub servers, but most have no clue about race track etiquette or how to do anything other than hotlap. If you're faster, in front and out driving some guys, they just punt you off and keep going. Very poor form.