Question Radicals AI

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Gerbuho, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I purchased the Radicals pack several weeks ago and since then I haven't been able to enjoy a single race, because of the AI. No matter what level of dificulty I set, they always manage to make it imposible to race them.

Here's a little sample. I'm in the white/green car and the blue one is AI.

The question is... do you think this is normal?

2. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    i have never had this kind of issue with radicals, but i'll give a try on Zolder....

So i did a 15 min race on Zolder against AI (24 cars, difficulty set to 100), i was 22nd for around 14 mins, the 2 cars were faster behind, but they did not even touch my car, it was a pretty clean race. my fastest lap was 1.27.6, the best lap on the race was 1.26.3.

So imo try to set the proper ai strenght to your abilities (i was running on 100, but as it turned out around 95 would suit for my talent :) ), and practice the track on training or leaderboard challenge serssions. (on the uploaded video it seems you are not really familiar with the track). Zolder is a very tricky one, to be competitive you have to master it.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  3. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Drei. I've been trying to find the proper level and have tried adaptative also but there's always something weird happening. I guess I'l keep trying.

4. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    oh and make sure you have adaptive AI turned off

5. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary other than the occasional incident that can happen with any class. That video though looks like an online rammer. :eek:

BTW - Try the Radicals on Lakeview Hillclimb, I personally think its a great combo :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Hmmmmmm ... Any car on lakeview is a great combo :)

7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Was it during a longer race including tyre wear? Was wondering if he/she/it might have wanted to pit...

8. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Actually, I think it was qualy session. It seems to me that he/she/it wanted to pit, but it's a weird way to do it anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I'm gonna use this same thread to report AI going crazy in Monza if I set difficulty over 100.
    This happened in a 30 min race, AI 101. Lots of track cutting and the Ford GT kept a very slow pace after wrecking, slowing everybody else every time they had to pass him.

These are only the ones I noticed, maybe there were more:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Almost looks like the kerbs are meant to be changed and the AI already think they have been...

11. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Right!