Raiting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Racing(1)Nalu, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Racing(1)Nalu

Racing(1)Nalu New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Why does raceroom deduct points for disconnection? Is this the second time that it happens to me that I cannot claim with someone so as not to lose my license again? since it is very difficult for me to climb

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +358 / 0 / -0
    I think the way the system handles disconnects is, let's say, not optimal...

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  3. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    If it didn't count a disconnect as a DNF, would be abused.

How else could it work?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    The penalty is much too severe whether the reason is a legitimate disconnect or a rage quit. 3 or 4 incident points out of 30, fine but in no way up to 8 or 9 reputation points directly, as is the case now. Things happen in life and in races and it is not always possible to finish every race, even with the best of intentions.

Recovering 8 points when you have over 90 rep takes 16 completely clean races with 0 incident points and that is too much - you could have a DC, a race ending damage incident or someone rings the doorbell and you are screwed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +397 / 0 / -0
    Isnt that exactly what the penalty is right now? Its just that when it happens early in the race or even between sessions you havent driven many corners so the reputation takes a big hit.
    Perhaps it could be an idea to not give incident points for a disconnect but rather deduct a set amount of reputation (say 1 reputation point) if the system technically allows for that. That would however be a much bigger penalty to some than it would be to others (could be as extreme as needing 1 race to get back that 1 point versus 15 races) so im not sure thatd be great either

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    The penalty does not fit the crime especially as winning a race with 0 incidents brings nothing like the same as a reward.

It´s true (sometimes) that the hit is bigger at the beginning of a session but there are also cases where it is completely absurd. I´ve lost points, along with all other players, when the RRE ranked server bricked itself mid race, for instance. So there´s presumption of guilt and no way of getting the points back even when you have proof it wasn´t your fault.

Another example, in a 15 minute race you have a crash that breaks the suspension at the first corner. What´s the point in struggling round with a broken car back to the pits putting at risk other players and probably massing more incident points as the car is undriveable? Then you will have spent half the race or more getting back to the pits and getting repairs - all of that just to avoid a reputation hit for quitting early? In real races you would get a penalty for bein a danger, more than parking the car in a safe place.

I get that they want people to stay in the races and not start and park, but give a dog a bone. As you suggested, a flat rate penalty of 1 reputation point for any type DNF seems much fairer as in any case you are going to be losing rating too, so it´s double jeopardy and it´s arguably easier to make up rating than reputation.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +358 / 0 / -0
    Removing these 3 point for disconnect would already make things better.

Christian G had an idea that a disconnect should be treated as a multiplier for your incident points instead of simply giving you 3 points.

Another idea I had is so that reputation isn't calculated on a per race basis, but instead looks at your previous X corners/minutes/kilometers where X is big enough to cover several 15-minute races. In this case your reputation would be smoothed out significantly and won't fluctuate as much from a random bad race and won't get too big of increase after an endurance race.

Then there's what Nico suggested.

There really are different ways possible for how to treat disconnects.

8. ramu

ramu New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you´re disconnect before race start why looss rating?

9. Racing(1)Nalu

Racing(1)Nalu New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The disconnection thing seems unfair to me 17 rating points 5 reputation points, I hope that the system can recognize any fault or if you are doing a good race the sanction is not so severe, I would also like that if your car breaks down you press the escape and you can return to the pits without having to go around the track with the damaged car but with a penalty of seconds