Problem randomly sttuter problem since last windows update

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Jota Ele, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    since last windows update (yesterday) in a randomly way the stuttering appears and I have to restart R3E, does not seem to have any problem with the fps or cpu/gpu use

I have uninstalled the update but the problem persists :(

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Which Windows update was it that had been installed, the version update that brings Windows to v1709?

Usually those have pretty long lasting after effects, i.e. even after Windows says the update has been installed there will be background processes running that finalise the installation and can diminish your PCs overall performance for quite some time. The best thing to do after such big updates is to leave the PC running on its own for an hour or two, so it can do its thing.

But 1709 introduced a lot of issues for quite a number of Windows users it seems, me included. On my end it caused my PC to freeze randomly, which I was able to mend eventually by disabling Windows' fast startup option. (here's some info about that option and a guide on how to disable it, maybe it helps: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup)

3. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    It has not been a solution for me, frozen pc in 5 minuts playing with fast start up deactivated

Thats a gamming computer and the security is not a problem so I restored to the previous SO compilation and now 2hours after restore r3e works good again, fingers crossed

4. tothrauldaniel

tothrauldaniel Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0