Ranked and monetization rework suggestion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mysterious man, Dec 20, 2022.

1. mysterious man

mysterious man New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So, I've been discussing about RR these days and what I think is the biggest lost potential of the simulator. I ended up getting too carried on, and wrote an entire manifesto lol
    Anyway, one of the people in the discussion told me that my suggestions were at least interesting and since I wrote all that wall of text, that I should post it here. So, why not? Here it goes:

I have my own ideas of how monetization should work. First of all, race schedule should last only 3 days instead of a week. Then, all the content from this selection should be accessible for everyone, and heavily discounted for those who wants to gradually acquire content at a smaller price (this takes a LOT of time and ends up keeping people invested/interested). Then, there would be the ranked seasons, wich would be accessible by buying a season pass (a "complete" pass, wich is more expensive but gives access to all the content necessary for the season, and a very cheap one that needs you to already own all the content selected for the season). There would be multiple ranked events with different time frames, for example: 8 weekly ranked events, 4 biweekly events, two monthly events and the final, main event race occurring once every season (two months). Buying the season pass would give you the ability to earn "coins" from the standard multiplayer races (the daily ones), proportional to place. Something like this: 32 for winning, 28 for second, 26 third, 25 to 20 for third to eight, and so on (just an example, this would need a minimum amount of players in the race, and would have to be adjusted to different number of players and race duration). These "coins" would be used to enter the ranked events. The weekly ranked events themselves would award points, wich would count for season pass aesthetic rewards (like trophies on your profile and special stickers to put over your car) and for entering the bigger events. Racing the weekly events gives you access to the biweekly events, wich gives access to the montly events, wich finally gives access to the final event, wich could have even money prizes and etc. At the end of the season, the player would be awarded proportionally to their results, with profile trophies and car stickers to show on races (with some kind of limit, and with preset locations for it not to become jarring. They could be color coded in relation to rarity, like first places awarding golden stickers). Also, VRP prizes would be very interesting. Finally, there would be season leaderboards, wich would be shown at the front page of the menu, with both the overall leaderboard and the regional one, adjusted for the player's country. You could have at the main menu a window showing the last season's overall and regional leaderboard, wich would last for the entirety of the next season; and the actual season's last race results and overall leaderboard, both updated every event. Also, the loading screens should feature the best drivers from the last season, with even their photos if they allow it by uploading one to be used.
    All of this would be implemented without, at least in my opinion, making the current monetization system obsolete. It would certainly lose space, but I think that this system I mentioned would make the game absolutely unique and just impossible to ignore, as long as it remains free to play AND has accessible season pass prices TO ALL REGIONS. I live in South America, and prices here are just unbeliavable.
    Anyway, this is just a brainstorm. I hope it helps the sim in any way. Thanks for reading!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1