Ranked MP Woes!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GooseCreature, May 24, 2020.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Beginning to think there is something wrong with the ranked servers algorithm/ethos/magic.
    When things began, yes I felt violated and robbed when side swiped by a moron but keep your nose clean for the rest of the race and whatever you'd lost via numbnuts, could be gained back swiftly enough with a couple clean races, maintaining a high 90's goody, goody rating was a relatively reasonable scenario.
    Yet recently I've been crashed, banged, walloped and disqualified all the way back to below 70, when at worst there's been a bit of door rubbing from oneself. An example from earlier today.
    The scene Austria, Spielberg ring, packed grid of GT3's (need I go on) :D but I shall. Got on the server with 6 mins to go, had completed 50% of my first flying lap when some charlie ahead decided they were going to make smoke signals for the rest of the lap, long story short, missed a couple brake points and ended up in the graveyard zone, 18th. :confused: Well at lights out the drongo 2 grid spots ahead didn't move an inch and with the smoke laid down by the geezer directly ahead, I ran full tilt into the back of a Merc. Well I'm last, driving a bag of crap but gaining on the back of the field, turn 4 a couple fighting ahead collide and depart stage left/right respectively and I get a drive through o_O I was 30 yards behind the incident. Concern for my ranking I perform the drive through, get to pit exit line floor it, limiter still on, aahhh, flick off, floor it, drive through for speeding in an already left pit lane. :mad::mad: I do a circuit, perform yet another drive through but this time no auto confirm, so I'm just sat there, like Johnny no mates until I hit escape, as RR had decided that it would randomly change my menu down button to look left. :rolleyes: FFS, something is not right, surely?

* Had another strange one today, caught out on second corner with cold tyres and ultimately clipped armco, a notch of suspension damage but I soldiered on like brave boy. About halfway through the 20 min race, rounding the hairpin at Suzuka the car let go like it was sprung loaded, no more damage registered but it was now almost undriveable. Now if the first incident led to something in the suspension failing, I'm good with that, realistic (as long as there is some logic) but if so should it not register as more damage on the damage'o'meter?
    while I'm here whining like a bitch I may as well point out my opinion on the tyre grip after leaving the track, now if you're just toying with settings to find a wet, moist and dry feeling for upcoming feature updates then by all means carry on but dry tyres that have touched dry grass do not lose 50% of their grip, needs a bit of fettling me feels @Alex Hodgkinson ;)

Last edited: May 25, 2020