Ranked Servers were not that broken

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by J.Simonds, Jan 27, 2021.

1. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I am really confused... Why take down the servers? Seems to me most users were not having this issue.. but even if they were, why prevent the resr of us from enjoying the Ranked process..

What am I not getting ... there was an issue wherein users games froze up upon exiting a match.. and yes I think that happened to me once... am I missing something? But why not just let the servers run and if people have issues, then they can chose to not enter the Ranked servers???

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Because they're broken. Why leave them online so that people can crash their game and then jump on the forums to complain 101 times about the same bug? Also, why ruin the rankings of all those being kicked from servers by the bug and risk even more complaints?

It was the right move to take them down. People can still race online without the precious ranking system, so what's the big deal? It'll be fixed soon anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I believe the main issue wasn't freezing, it was that if someone quits during a session the server doesn't progress forward to a next session, instead boots everyone and restarts on practice again. It was almost impossible to have an actual race on these servers, so why keep them? It was just a waste of time for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    As above the issue that appeared yesterday was not the same as the previous ones (which should now be fixed). Hopefully once this bug is squashed the servers and ranked system will be back to full functionality. I assume they will be working flat out on this to try and get it out before tonight's enduro.

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Update: seems they worked through the night, dedi update pushed through in the early hours....

• Like Like x 1