(rant?) RRE Steam "Community" Board

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .OG Isaac, Mar 16, 2016.

1. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    God that place is horrible isn't it?

Why can't developers choose to turn off the steam community board, all we get to read there is how games are "pay to win" etc.. What a hivemind of hate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Kids will be kids. It's reassuring that the steam forums for all the other games are equally hateful places of moaning and idiocy

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    No.
    The Steam forums are basically for the people who aren't dedicated or interested enough to register on this forum.

I don't see pay-to-win in R3E but there are more than a fair amount of people that are not fans of the pricing model. They, like everyone of us, are allowed to have their opinion and express it. The developers and publishers need feedback, whether it's positive or negative, whether it's written well or poorly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    well, it's surely not pay to win. You can buy all the content you want, it surely wont make you a better driver. But anyway, yeah i just stay away.

• Like Like x 1
  5. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Let's hope as this game grows they don't migrate over here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    What's a Steam community???? Have disliked it since it was forced on us back in the dark distant past, great concept, poorly executed far preferred All Seeing Eye back in the day but guess that turned out to be the Beta-max option, shame, far less invasive but then that was many moons ago and weem stuck with what we got, piffle! imo!!

7. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Steam needs to really improve their boards and reviews. It is just getting silly.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    It is....the up voted reviews are all "got to drive over an old lady, would do again....hardyhardyhardy"

Yeah real helpful.

9. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    The problem is that we live in a extreem polarizing internet world, it's extremely good or it's extremely bad. I believe in the sim community it is far less polarizing, i can read more often then not nuances in commentary . Steam on the other hand is not a very representative for the sim community because of the niche we are in, other players (more often than not) don't understand the pleasure we get out the boring in control driving. The negative review is therefore a consequence of the misunderstood game.

Real sim newbies or others will get info from other sources also so they will not be influenced by the steam global banter.

;) But my android phone is a zillions time better then your stupid iPhone, don't get me raffled about your xbone you sh%^&$#$&^&ed. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Is there a steam community board!? Ah, I did not know :D

11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Community board might be the wrong word for implementing something like “together“, rather steam hack&slay arena.:p

12. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Possibly the perception is down to semantics; if the developers had labelled all the `free` stuff a demo instead of free-to-play, surely it would have been the best demo (of a driving game) ever.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    It's free to try, not free to play.

People coming into this expecting a traditional F2P title will only be disappointed. Others won't touch it because F2P doesn't imply 'serious racing sim'

The whole F2P tag needs to be dropped....pronto.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    You know what?If SteamSpy is right there are about 2,5 million people who have R3E in their Steam account.In such a big demographic opinions will be hugely differientated.