Rating VS damage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maverick 2, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Maverick 2

Maverick 2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everybody!!!
    This is a message for developers, but I would like to hear from everyone. I know this is a subject that is often on the table but there is something that I cannot understand. Many developers are looking to have cleaner public servers. Fashion is currently heading towards "rating". This has contributed to the improvement but it is not yet that. I think damage to cars is very important in solving this problem. I'm not talking about visual damage. I do not care. You can't tell people to watch out for others if they can bang a car and send it into the wall without getting damaged. You only have to see a crash test video to understand that a car does not restart after an accident at 50 km / h. In any case with difficulty. The human being is like that. If he is given the opportunity to do uncivil acts, he will. There is only to see during confinement! So it would be good to make a real "Get real" mod and for the servers who wish to stay like that, that they have the possibility of doing it too. Again, the visual damage doesn't matter. Just as cutting the trail is penalized, getting into someone should be too. In reality the penalty is the car breakage ... An example of a game is Richard Burns Rally. Visual damage is almost non-existent, but when you go into a tree at 60 km / h, you can no longer drive. I can understand that the manufacturers do not want too much visual damage and limit the developers. on the other hand I cannot understand for the invisible ones.
    I leave you to reflect on the matter and hope not to fall into a sterile debate.
    See you;)

2. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried the new damage model? In the NSU after hitting the curb once you need to keep your wheel at an angle to drive straight.

But regarding your request, it's hard to balance things and the goal for any game is the same to get income and to do that you need to attract as much gamers as you can. Realistic damage is controversial one. On the one hand you'll get rid of reckless drivers on the other hand intentional wreckers will have easier job ruining races and new players might just quit.

There is another common feat to all human kind, it's people are lazy. If they launch a game to have fun, that's what they want to do, they don't usually want to work to be able to start having fun.

With the amount of data that can be processed fairly quickly now, the approach to evaluate drivers based on their driving and rewarding the proper driving will be the way. Big data and machine learining is getting everywhere.

3. Maverick 2

Maverick 2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I partly agree with you. But just as there are arcade servers, there could be "Hardcore" servers. More immersive. And more for league races.

4. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Maverick 2, i think damage in RRE is fine as it is now. You seem to want perfection in online racing but that won't happen anytime soon ! Everyone has different goals, hardware, dedication, etc.
    There will always be wreckers or just unaware players in online public lobbies, if someone can't tolerate that the only solution is to join a league IMO.

5. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I think it has to come down to public servers that are actively managed, by definition I suppose that would be considered private. I support and applaud the efforts of devs to create and implement skill and safety ratings but those will only go so far. As even with the invited guests in recent weeks participating in Covid-19 race at home events leave something to be desired when it comes to sportsmanship. Bumping, trailing off to run your opponent in the weeds, cutting turns with two wheels in the grass but I digress. And this isn't in reference to the professional noobies to our type of sim racing.
    It really comes to winning and what each driver is willing to do, I have yet to master the skill of bumping opponents out of the way...because I refuse to make contact at all costs. I even allow drivers to pass that are overally aggressive in their tactics knowing that within a few laps I am more than likely going to get it back.
    I guess my point is all the rankings in the world will never really capture the type of racer one is if you cannot capture some of subtleties that are present, however, I do wish them luck.

6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    ranked servers have full damage on so i find its fine

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I am glad for that, but unfortunately being on the receiving end of bad driving doesn't always result in damage for the one doing the bad behavior so is their ranking affected if little to no contact is made, or drifting ones line to cause the recipient to lose control or go off track to avoid as much? Sure hold your line could be the argument but if contact is made my ranking goes down as well.