Resolved Re-installing RaceRoom without loss of content and car-setups files

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Joeks, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Joeks

Joeks Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, I'd like to do a full re-instal of the game, because I've noticed a few bugs lately..missing files, problems at startup, controller profiles etc.
    So my questions are, can I just uninstall the game, end re-install at Steam without the loss of content? And copy and paste my car setups in a self created map, or should I make a "backup game files" through Steam?

If anyone can help? I sure appreciate it.

Best regards, J.Mook

2. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    All your main stuff is kept in:

My documents/my games/SimBin/R3E/User Data

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yepp - and in that folder you will find the "CarSetups"-Folder which you can save.

If you have trouble with your installation, it would be wise to delete the rest. Maybe one of the config-files is corrupt or contains trash...

So just backup that CarSetup-Folder somewhere, delete the My Games-Folder , do the reinstall, fire the game up once and close it again. After that first start of the game, the "/My Games/SimBin/R3E/User Data"-Folder should be recreated. Than you can copy your Backup of the CarSetup-Folder back in the new created Folder.

The Content is no problem at all. You always have the complete content of the game on your disk. With your Game-Profile, which is stored in your online-account, the Content will be unlocked.

• Useful Useful x 2
  4. Joeks

Joeks Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Ok thanks! That should clear out a lot ..so I should save the car setup files only from the "Raceroom Racing Expereience" folder? Yes I did some how corrupted the files when accidentally removed the SimBin files from the "My Games" folder a few month's earlier, assuming they were old SimBin(?) files from the GTR2 game..bit stupid of me..luckily I made a backup first..pffft lol, and managed to put them back.. But now, as I think is what you mean by corrupt, everytime at startup, even If I unpack the files to the original size again, the "RaceRoom Racing Experience Install 2" keeps on turns blue?? I already unpacked it many times..So I get this again and again:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  5. Joeks

Joeks Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    So I quess I should do the complete re-install..Thanks a million..

Grtz, Jer

6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yeah - I guess so, too... It can help to clean up older stuff in that Config-Folder too.

Regarding that compressed folder - maybe check the Options of the Folder. If I remember right, there is an Option to compress folders to save discspace. If that Option is ticked, it will always be compressed again from Windows.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joeks

Joeks Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Yes I've tried it, but every time it starts at "browser data"..so I think there might be some trash in there, as you said.. ;) Re-install is the best option..Thnx

• Like Like x 1
  8. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    when I want to reinstall the game (for whatever reasons) , do I loose the downloaded files, do I have to download again 25 GB?