Bug Recognition of different Fanatec wheel rims

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Alexander Asner, May 18, 2018.

1. Alexander Asner

Alexander Asner Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Today I switched form the standard CSL Elite PS4 wheel rim to the Porsche 918 RSR. I expected this to be a pleasant experience but it wasn't because my CSL Elite PS4 was no longer recognized by RR whatever I did. I deleted the User Data Control Set. I deleted the original profiles from the game and reacquired them from steam. I ended up deleting my complete User Data (now all my setups are gone) but to no avail, the wheel simply did not show up. RR always gave me the correct profile for the wheel but it always showed up as disconnected.
    Finally I dug up an old thread form 2017 where it said something to adjust a number in the DeviceID and voila 2 hours later and after I deleted all my User Data (yeah I know I could have backed it up, but I was too desperate and too pissed) the wheel finally showed up and all is well. But hey that needs to be fixed.

2. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I have 4 fanatec wheels and have a profile for each. So I switch profiles when I start the game.

I found that closing the game, switching wheels, start the game again and make a new profile. Rinse and repeat.

After you have those profiles you can switch wheels while in game without issue. This solved my issues.

NathanW

3. Alexander Asner

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Nathan. Hm. My problem was I closed the game. Switched wheels and than I could not get RR to recognize the wheel at all. I have a Formula wheel coming up as well next week and I am pretty darn afraid that the same thing happens then. Whenever I wanted to make a new profile the wheel was listed under Missing Device. I suppose you have a CSW 2.5 and not an CSL Elite PS4 wheel?

4. Alexander Asner

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
  5. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    You’re right I do (have a Coubsport base).

You might try this as I had a issue with the missing device.

Go to your user profile folder in windows.
    ~Documents/games/simbin/etc
    Find the controller directory
    Move all that data out to some place of your choice
    Now that it’s clear of files start raceroom

You’ll have to create a new profile. Once done you can exit, put the second wheel on and make a new profile (I actually copied it as I have 2 button boxes and didn’t want to bother).

It should only take a minute to try.

Nathan

6. Alexander Asner

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Ok I will try this once my Formula wheel will have arrived next week.