Problem Regularly losing connection in multiplayer

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nico Kunze, Oct 29, 2023.

1. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Guess the issue will be on my side (or is this currently happening to others as well?) but at the moment this is becoming a somewhat regular occurence to the point where its getting hard to maintain rating/reputation..(out of my last 16 ranked races i lost connection 4 times so every 4th race, good luck gaining the amount you lose within the other 3 races :D)
    Most of the time when i get sent back to the server list my ping is suddenly very high (at least 150+ or even 200+) but sometimes its still showing as low as well. When joining these servers my ping typically is around the 15-20 mark so something causes it to spike for some time (maybe a couple minutes but not entirely sure). Any ideas what i could do to avoid such problems? Im connected via ethernet cable and there shouldnt be anything else running on my pc when im driving. Thanks in advance :)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
  2. DonaldD

DonaldD Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I dont know if it will help you but before Im starting a game Im running a rather simple batch file with a lot of stopping commands like this. Using that Im able to close a lot of all the unnessesary background processes MS think its fun to start up at boot.
    You can see Im happily running 28 processes without Taskmanager.
    Compare it with what you have running :D
    Example from my netstop.bat:
    NET STOP AeLookupSvc
    net stop WinDefend
    NET STOP WdiSystemHost
    NET STOP WdiServiceHost
    NET STOP SysMain
    NET STOP tcpip6
    NET STOP stisvc

29 running background processes.png

3. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, might have a look but im not sure i wanna kill a bunch of stuff where i dont know what it is or what it might be needed for :D

4. DonaldD

DonaldD Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Ok maybe I should have been more clear for people who dont know the NET STOP commands.
    When you restart your PC all the stopped background processes does run happily again.
    So you cannot spoil anything.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Good to know. Any chance theres anything in there thats needed for steam/r3e/logitech/etc?

6. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Well just checked with NET START what services are running right after starting my pc and got a list of 139 services and of course i have no idea what they do :D
    So im afraid this isnt gonna be how ill solve the problem