Resolved Reinstallation - No Saves/Replays/Configs etc.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by -nOiSe-, Jan 29, 2018.

1. -nOiSe-

-nOiSe- Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Hi all!! :)
    I've been away for a while and now I'm back.
    I formatted my pc and before to do that I made a backup of the "Documents/My Games/SimBin" folder.
    I installed Steam, downloaded again the game and run it for the first time, then I copied the "backupped" folder inside the new one, but... when I start the game it's as if I started it for the first time, steams "calculates" the installation then enters the game. Obviously I haven't replays/screenshots inside the game, same thing for the configurations and setups: all is in "default mode". :rage:
    Inside "SimBin" folder there's a new one named "RaceRoom Racing Experience Install 2". I tried to move and copy the old data inside this, but the game starts anyway with default configuration and no replays, setups etc.

What's the problem here? How can I solve this?

I have to say as that I have a SSD with the SO and a normal HDD with data, through Windows 7 options I've changed the default "Documents" path and installed Steam, both in the HHD.

I hope you can help me. :cry:
    Thanks! :grin:

(sorry for my bad english... :sweat:)

2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    In your RRE folder there is a file called GameInstallDir.ini make sure that is pointing to the correct game dir.

3. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Or move the GameInstallDir.ini from "RaceRoom Racing Experience Install 2" to "RaceRoom Racing Experience".

4. -nOiSe-

-nOiSe- Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    GameInstallDir.ini points to a correct path :wink:

SOLVED

I already tried it, but it didn't work... I don't know why but it seems it works...
    "Installation 2" folder had my older files that didn't work before in "Installation 1".
    I've just moved them form "Inst 2" to a clear "Inst 1", erased "Installation 2" and now it's ok... :sweat:

Thanks for the answers!!

• Like Like x 1