Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Iron Wolf, Sep 25, 2018.
You could always just set in Oculus?
Yup, that seems to be better
Oh, okay, great.
Could you point me out, where I have to set the SS in Oculus and which value I have to choose for the *.ini? In steamVR I use 190 and I'm happy with it. No need for more.
I think I didn't know, how to make the math for this
The Oculus multiplier basically says it does 1.5x the horizontal and vertical pixels, so you get 1.5x1.5=2.25 more pixels in total. SteamVR uses the total amount of pixels as reference, so 225% is the same as 1.5x in Oculus. So your 190% would be 1.38ish in Oculus. You can either enter that number in the .ini or use something like the oculus tray tool to load that SS setting via the oculus platform
Ah, fantastic. Thank you very much. I will try this out Loved Raceroom with OpenOVR so far more than with SteamVR.
That is correct. SS value goes directly into Oculus API.
Also, I always said that framerate with SVR might be higher, but in the past at least (I don't have oculus anymore), OC was much smoother, even if FPS rate was lower at times, especially in rF2. OC paces frames according to Oculus SDK recommendation, rather than just cranking them out ASAP, something what (I suspect) SVR did, at least in the past.
tried it now with it. Setting 1,5 in the ini gives the same framerate and performance overhead in my oculus as steamVR with 190 percent.
Do you know, if it's possible to see the amount of pixels displayed in the oculus to compare between those two values?
Is there a setting for this in oculus performance HUD?
Does it look better now?
I think it is a bit smoother and not that edgy with OpenOVR. I was a real fan since the beginning of this concept here in this thread and a big plus is to not use SteamVR.
What lines do you all have and recommend in the ini?
I am a bit hesitant to do this, because my fork of this project is no longer supported. I contributed all of my work back to original project, and once it is merged, you won't need my version of the .dll anymore. I think the best contribution would be to work with original project author so that he fixes the issues (if there are any).
If you want - go ahead and create a thread, but mention the original project and my fork, if original still does not work in R3E. However, once again - my fork is discontinued, I won't be able to help with anything, as I am done with Oculus.
I am looking into bypass for Pimax meanwhile, but I am not sure it is even needed there (aside from reducing disk space and annoying SVR updates). Pimax implements native OpenVR driver, so situation is different from what was happening with Oculus.
ah fair enough, I will make a new thread then with instructions on how to make it work now, I'm fairly sure the main project doesn't work with raceroom yet, so it will be with your fork. If it ever stops working we'll know to not bug you about it hehe, thanks for the effort anyway, for now it is working beautifully!
glad it helped you gain some perf, it was very fun problem to solve and remember my game dev/graphics days
BTW, recommended settings for R3E:
supersampleRatio=1.0 - raise/lower per system capability
Experimental flags - see what works better on your system, true or false.
Just posted the new thread haha, those are indeed the settings I used to make it work, the experimental settings both worked well for me.
Separate names with a comma.