Question Rent a Dedicated Server?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by mjayy, Nov 19, 2015.

1. mjayy

mjayy Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Any way to rent a Dedicated Server for Raceroom?
    I cant host a server by myself cause my internet connection isnt that good :/

2. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I was wondering the same thing just yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I think you can rent servers all over the place. Google :) Its not free though, at least the ones I have found.

4. mjayy

mjayy Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hm okay, I'm quite new to this stuff so what do you think i have to pay for a server? The problem is i dont know exactly which kind of server i need and how to set this server up :/

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Afaik you can rent dedicated gaming servers starting at around 100 bucks/month. But usually those offers are tied to some special games, like Battlefield or GTA f.e., you cannot have any game you like installed.

Gameservers.com f.e. are selling dedis from $175, but only for these games: https://www.gameservers.com/game_servers/

EDIT: Don't know but maybe some larger racing communities would rent R3E servers?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  6. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    You only need some server on witch you can run Windows software (as there's no Linux binary yet for r3e dedicated)

No need of Hugh power or data space, the connexion is the most important thing.

There's a lot of hosting solutions around the world.
    Amazon is one of the most popular.
    You can have permanent solution , or timed one's (you pay only the time you use it, can be enough for punctual events)
    For example amazon ec2 t2.medium plant is 0.08€/hour and far enough for running r3e dedicated (2 vCPU and 4 GB of ram)
    1on1 offer a permanent Windows virtual server for 9.99/month for 6 months, then it will be 19.98$.
    You'll only need to copy the r3e dedicated binary and run it ;-)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  7. crthomas

crthomas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very interseting... i have planned to host a server few months back... and i find out good server hosting for rent with best service.. if required i can suggest to go for rent a server..

8. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Someone posted here a tutorial to setup R3E server in Amazon AWS. One year for free

9. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    You can rent a server for less than 10€/month that will run r3e.
    I was actually planning to try and create a service where you can rent a server for a single session. Possibly free but with limited slots. Who knows maybe I'll find some time and it won't be too hard for me to pull off.

10. Anes

Anes New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I am in the process of releasing initial version of this service (short term on demand dedicated server rental).
    Let me know if you want to be notified when it is live.

• Like Like x 1