Question Replacement amp for Buttkicker

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by The Foo, Sep 10, 2018.

1. The Foo

The Foo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have a Pearl Throne thumper and the amp has stopped working. This is the second amp thats blown within a few months! The light does not come on anymore. Checked the fuse on the lead but thats fine. Can't seam to find a fuse on the amp itself as i thought that could of blown? Does anybody know if there is a hidden fuse?
    Doing some research on a replacement. Is this amp ok? I believe the Pearl Throne is rated at 200watts 4ohms. Its based on the Buttkicker advance.

https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/amplifie...vI74NN9nFHzSKya3bB6g47_JlMRvA8tRoCqjgQAvD_BwE

2. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    My stock Amp on Buttkicker Gamer2 stopped working too. Literaly few days after the installation. Fuse OK. Just no output signal comming from Amp. I have to send it back on warranty claim. I was always watching the clipping LED to prevent overloading, but still it just failed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I use that amp to run a buttkicker, it works but it is flat out and gets very hot, i would advise getting the 1000watt version or if you can spend a little more a Behringer 1000, I have put a couple of fans in my amp and up to now (around 2 months) it has been reliable.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Foo

The Foo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well
    Turns out that there was a hidden fuse under the power inlet. REALLY easy to miss which i did, so no need to replace.
    Just out of interest did you use the fans to stop them cutting out because of over heating? My buttkickers cutout part way through a race and was wondering was it because they overheat?

5. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    No it didn't cut out but there was a lot of heat which I think would of severely shortened it's life, to be honest I have it turned up almost flat out and I am guessing it's not going to last too long, but time will tell.