Question Replays - my laptimes not showing up

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GaborBartal, Jan 1, 2016.

1. GaborBartal

GaborBartal New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

I just got the game recently.
    I went a few laps with Honda WTCC 2014 on Bathurst Mount Panorama as a 10 minute Single Player session.

Afterwards, in the Leaderboards game menu I cannot see my lap times whatsoever.
    I tried everything:
    - Filtering to the car, the track (as above) - but only 19 results, no 2nd page etc.
    - Selecting multiple "experiences" - but I have the full game with the Christmas sale selling it as a bundle with all experiences together.
    - Checking my account settings if they are "linked" - which it is.
    If I log into the raceroom website, I see the same profile as in-game. That is, kms done, favorite cars etc.
    But the leaderboard still doesn't show it.

Now the game is via Steam and obviously other details got updated (from game to website login).
    Am I missing something? Is it for Multiplayer sessions only? I have done perfect laps (in the sense that I did not cut the track etc). Also I just noticed an option "Leaderboard Challenges" - would it really be the case that only laps done via this menu counts? It doesn't seem likely.

(Also, how do you view the in-game leaderboard via a replay? I can't find any controls, only key "8" which does nothing in a replay). Hell, I can't even see my laptimes anywhere.
    I just found under Controls menu that there are unassigned (why?) replay controls, 3 of them, but they also just show my position and lap......

Oh I just found in-game: "Leaderboards - Number of entries" being empty. Do I need to manually enter a laptime or what?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  2. GaborBartal

GaborBartal New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The leaderboard in question:

It should be here, under Gabor Bartal (from Hungary):
    /leaderboard/?track=1846&car_class=4197

(Apparently I cannot post the full URL as it's my first post...)

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    leaderboards are by challenge ;
    ie you run a single player/leaderboard
    (now you run a car track combo ...)
    or single player/leaderboard challenge (were you challenge/load the ghost of a previously registered time of yourself or another player)

your laps in normal single player are (if its working in your stats , which is in the portal side of your game'same place as the store etc)

Andi

4. GaborBartal

GaborBartal New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Really? So IF a player feels like registering a laptime, they do it manually? How tremendously it limits (misrepresents) one's true skills, I can't imagine. I mean hundreds of laps' experience worth of real lap times are lost? If one thinks about it, best lap times usually come after a few rounds, when you have adapted, not when you just sat down to play; when it's routine; when tyres are warmer, etc. Wow this is really disappointing - am I understanding your comment right? (your last sentence is unfinished)

Thanks for your answer!

5. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    no ;you run an open session , just you the track and the car with optimum tyre and brake temps ; you can run it in a choice of modes
    get real
    Amateur
    Novice
    so you start your challenge and you can run for as many laps as you wish and the game will update your times to the leaderboard as they happen (each fastest lap)
    As you run you can if you chose see the times of the people just ahead and just behind your times

Andi

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, leaderboard entries are only achieved by chosing the according mode, i.e. leaderboard challenge. LB challenges use an optimal setup, tyres etc. are up at temp from lap one.

Your personal best times during races and alike are collected in the overall stats on the profile page, but these are lacking some features people would like to see, better filters, more detailed data... it's something on the to-do list.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. GaborBartal

GaborBartal New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh okay, so the leaderboard challenge gives everyone the same setup, tyre, tyre temp etc, for fairness. Right? That would make sense. In other games I hated the idea that the car could probably be tuned better than the default, and others' lap times may be slightly better because of a better setup, not due to skill difference.
    If this is true I actually welcome the separate option (but still there is a ton of lost laptimes that is a shame).

Thanks, both!

8. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    setup is your choice , but only available in get real mode , so you can tweak to your driving style and try and squeeze the maximum out of the car if you choose too

in amateur everyone has the same setup with a little help

ditto with novice , but extreme levels of help

Andi

9. GaborBartal

GaborBartal New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Then I'm back to having no idea why it's a separate menu whatsoever... why the game doesn't simply register all laptimes (with built-in checks for anti cheating like track cuts etc) in SP, MP, Hotlap modes.
    I'm not nit-picking, I just fail to see a reason. The option to run a laptime straight away (hotlap) is nice; but irrelevant to the replay function being limited to only there. Perhaps it has an explanation; I'd like to know - thanks.

10. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    because thats how it was designed ; and it works .. i think the separation this way is good but thats me

Andi

11. GaborBartal

GaborBartal New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I know it's how it's designed (it's trivial) and that it works (of course it's not broken).
    I'd like to see a player who doesn't just accept it the way it is but actually prefers it this way (the replay limitation).
    If you actually prefer it that's cool, but you didn't really share why you prefer it - but we can leave it that way.
    Cheers!

12. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    what replay limitation?

Andi

13. GaborBartal

GaborBartal New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "leaderboard entries are only achieved by chosing the according mode, i.e. leaderboard challenge"
    As Christian said, unless I misunderstood that and ther are other in "according" (this would be the crux of my point / question)

14. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    walks away...................

Andi

15. GaborBartal

GaborBartal New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, be rude then.
    I am clearly missing something (now it's apparent), and English is not my first language, does it enter your mind that maybe not each of your sentences are as concise to foreigners as it is to the native speaker?
    So what did I misunderstand?

Not knowing the game details I tried my best to figure out why my laptimes don't register.
    - The game has no manual. I found a DTM manual but it is very basic.
    - The game has a basic FAQ on the forum (of one of its 3 sites) none of which talks about replays at all.
    - Searching online I found no mention of replays either.
    - Clues like my profile showing an empty "leaderboard entries" show either my installation is broken or I'm doing something wrong.

I am more confused now thanks to your last meaningless comment than before I opened the topic.

16. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    replays are in the media section of the game (camera icon)
    leaderboards are a challenge in the way you challenge against the others on the leaderboards ; it is a multiplayer activity but not at the same time as the other players
    a multiplayer race is a race against multiple players ... on the same track at the same time

i wasnt being sarcastic , im just struggling to understand your questions , and answer them in a way that you and i understand
    so apologies for what you deemed to be my rudeness
    it wasnt intended that way

Andi

17. GaborBartal

GaborBartal New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh thanks for your civilized manner - I did think your question was sarcastic, following which I simply assumed that there is no limitation because I did not even imagine that you mean that as a serious question.

So good to know the differences in game modes, thanks for that.
    In the late part of the comments I just wondered why it's a separate mode whatsoever; and who would welcome it being separated in the first place. But we play what we are dealt with, I will leave it be.
    I'd wonder how it was received by players from the beginning, given that it's years old, and I'm new to the game and community. But anyway, I understand now, thanks and take care!

18. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i posted this very early on , some times stats are broken or disabled ; i dont always check mine in public as they dont really interest me .

i tend to use the leaderboard challenges to learn car track combos before i head out into racing in sp or mp . as the tyre and brake temps tend to sit on the optimum its a little lead in to learning the car and maybe tweaking the setup (in get real)

Andi

19. GaborBartal

GaborBartal New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sweet, I will stick to leaderboard too, it seems like a great place to practice.

20. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    People brought the topic of the stats page up some times, but rather rarely. As mentioned the stats page needs some features to make it worthwhile, that's probably one reason many people don't care much about it atm.

If I understand correctly you're missing a function that creates a replay of your best lap, regardless which game mode it was achieved in? So f.e. you drive your overall best lap with a GTR3 car on Monza during a MP race, let's say during lap 9, then you'd like a single replay of that lap, is that it?
    I don't think such a feature is planned, it would be too much checking back and forth between databases, and the server structure is struggling at times already. ;)
    As you probabaly noticed your best laptimes achieved during a lb challenge will be saved as a single replay file.

The leaderboard challenges as a game mode are mostly recieved positive. There are quite a number of hotlappers who don't care much about racing (vs AI or in MP) but just want the challenge of going against real people's records in time trials. That's the idea behind lb challenges. They are also the base structure used for competitions where people can win prizes or test new content and for those they offer the ideal structure.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016