Reputation points

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tomaž Alič, Apr 16, 2023.

1. Tomaž Alič

Tomaž Alič New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why i lost so many reputation points if go out of race after my engine is toasted? Why i must stay in game to the end of the race?

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    1) This is how reputation works: https://raceroom.miraheze.org/wiki/Reputation
    If you already acquired like 10-15 incident points, then 3 additional points won't affect your reputation loss a lot. Or, if it happened somewhere on the first lap and you got even a few incident points from a collision, you'll get a maximum reputation loss anyway, no matter of you stay on the server or not.

2) I don't know why we still get a disconnect penalty when your engine is dead. Even if the idea is to prevent people from deliberately killing their engine to then disconnect without additional 3 incident points, it doesn't work because you'll get some (likely even more) incident points from collisions while trying to kill your engine.

3. Tomaž Alič

Tomaž Alič New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I understand that.
    But reputation points are for clean racing.
    I get pushed in to the wall in first corner by other driver and my engine is death, for that i get 7 incident points(4 colision,1out of track,2out of control).
    Not my faul but i lost 5 reputation points, the driver who push me in to the wall get 4 incident points and if he race clean from this moment he get +1 reputation ponit.

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I agree. It's one of those few situations where the reputation system fails to reflect your actual "safety" rating.

I voiced my opinion about that several times here on the forum and offered various solutions, but it's very unlikely anything changes.

How did you lost only 5? From my understanding, 7 incident points for a race that ended in the first corner, should result in maximum rep loss, that is 10% of your current reputation. Or it wasn't on your first lap? Third maybe?

5. Rowan Unning

Rowan Unning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Is one of the nice aspect of this Sim score.
    A driver who behave normally could lose, as in your case, N points but if keep behave clean get score quickly back.

While an unrestful driver, keeping portraing his nervousnes, is endoomed into + - score which in a long term penalize him.

A score system isnt just + and - , is also what is penalized and what is preserved about drivers behaviours types.

So indirectly it can be derived the driver's natural behaving tendency in a mid-long term.
    Then staffs keep or scraps by wanted environment.

Is among one of nice under the hood thing that distinguish sim styles, and fortunately more than one exist and kept

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023