Roadmap 2024?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by reneaun, Mar 29, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reneaun

reneaun New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Is Raceroom still being actively developed? I've seen a roadmap for 2023 that ended with the new Pau circuit, but after that I haven't heard any news. Would like to know if I should stick with R3E or move on to other titles if the sun is setting.

2. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    If you want to liven it up a bit, you could install This Racing Life (Raceroom), for a career mode. You have to manually enter results, as it's not linked, but it's still very good. You have sponsors, entry fees, win bonuses etc.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. reneaun

reneaun New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I've used it. It's nice, but I prefer online racing with others.

4. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    yes
    Check roadmap again, it didnt end with Pau

5. reneaun

reneaun New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    You're correct, there's a touring car pack. That's good.

6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. reneaun

reneaun New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    That's good news and a good article that you linked, but I don't take vague hints of future development too seriously as I've seen things take a sudden turn in game development many times. As a (possible) customer I'd like some solid plans brought forward as I'm deciding where to invest my money.

• Like Like x 2
  8. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    If you're mainly into multiplayer, then this is definitely not the sim for you. Other than the annual championships, which only really cater for 2000+ drivers, this sim has been going nowhere for years.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    i play only mp :confused:

10. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, but it hasn't had any further development for years.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. reneaun

reneaun New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I like the driving experience in RR and sometimes there are nice races and championships by 3rd parties, but there could be more drivers online. And yes, night, rain, possibility to swap drivers etc. would be nice too.

12. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I'm not a big fan of where the gaming industry seems to move, with roadmaps and "investing". I'd say pay for what you have right now. If the game, as it is, is not a good enough offer for you, then choose something else. For example, I'm not playing RR for what it can be, I play it simply because out of many other sims I tried, RR ticks the most boxes for me.

Anyway, hints or not, nothing that I see right now suggests the game is going to be closed any time soon, and when it eventually stops getting updates, I'm confident that the servers won't be shut down immediately.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
  13. reneaun

reneaun New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I like RR as it is too, but I'm just worried that if there's no serious development done and communicated to the public, the player base will diminish even more even if the servers are up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Nauseumster

Nauseumster Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    there were hints thrown in the RD Pau thread about graphics, I hope this silence means there is serious dev work happening we are finally moving forward to dx11/12.

15. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I don't care about cars or tracks. They will come anyway.
    It's the engine. This choice will set the course for the future of Raceroom. That's where Raceroom loses ground right now.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    This is being said for years and years. But as we see, even with limited communication and no big updates, there's still people playing the game. Looks like multiplayer got hit the most, so if that's your primary focus I'd buy the starter pack and wait for more news before spending more money on the game.

I doubt it will be this serious. More likely just textures, effects, maybe lighting here and there.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
  17. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It is not done with updates of liveries and cars. The game needs an recent update concerning the graphics engine.
    Compared with other games the engine of RR3 is no longer up to date.

18. reneaun

reneaun New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I don't really care that much about the looks personally, if graphics was important to me, I'd play something else probably.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    While on a personal level i agree, i do think were getting to a point where its one of the main factors stopping more people from playing raceroom and so overall some kind of update would be a welcome sight

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    The thing is you go on MP in the other games and most of the lobbies are running with sunny weather and perfect track conditions plus fixed setups so it gets boring quite quickly too.

If the racing is good, people are not going to be focussing on how well the clouds are drawn or how many dust particles are on the track. A new engine would be welcome provided it doesn´t cause more problems than it solves and that it reduces the loading times as those have been getting annoyingly long again on MP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.