Problem RR Dedicated Server Error

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by CYBERTRONICghost, Jul 7, 2015.

1. CYBERTRONICghost

CYBERTRONICghost New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but when I turn the server on i get a box that pops up and says:

"the page at localhost:8088 says:
    process not started, read log for details"

The RR log box says:

"[ERROR] 07:46:32 DedicatedServerProcess.Process.Start"

I have tried reinstalling the server tool multiple times as well as a combination of a few other things but no results. The server does show up in the multiplayer server list in game, but if you click join nothing happens.

2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Run windows as admin.
    Run steam as admin.
    Run RRRE_dedicated.exe as admin

I was getting the same error as you in windows7
    It stopped giving me these message when i ran it in windows 8.1

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. CYBERTRONICghost

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Original I tried running RRRE_dedicated.exe as admin but it didn't work.
    Just tried running steam as admin then RRRE_dedicated.exe as admin didn't work.
    Ran steam as admin then launched the RR Dedicated server tool in steam and it worked!
    Thank you very much. I hope this can help others that encounter the same problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Was not my finding but I fiddled quite a bit to get it working on my side.
    now if only I could play on the server I am hosting on the same network, I would be happy.
    But this is 100% router I did the test at my friend house and we ran a server on my laptop and he could connect to right away. On my own network samething no go :)

Oh well it's Not a game breaker anyway as im hosting an outside server as well.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  5. CYBERTRONICghost

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That is a strange problem. It consistently takes me 2 tries to join my server and it always seems to work the 3rd try. I've kind of came to the understanding that if one person finds a solution to a problem on race room that doesn't necessarily mean it will work for everyone. I guess that's why its "multiplayer alfa".

6. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    So your one of those lucky one who can login to their own server.. I get no ping on my own server and no matter hoe many time I try it won't work. It's ok like I said my remote site is the one I'll use from now on when I want to join. My second PC can be for everyone else :)

7. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    just wanted to update on my situation ( about not being able to login to my own server on my network )

I fixed it. It was indeed a router issue.
    I logged in to my Isp router with their root access and enabled Bridging on the router, effectively bypassing it.
    Now my network router is the main and only router and the port forwarding on it are now seen externally and i can finally see ping on the Dedicated server i am hosting here in this house.