RR Ranked : Where is the fun....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by n01sname, Jun 24, 2023.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    ...to lose your temper (cause you probably got crashed at start) and then starting to crash every car in front of you until you get DQ ? That's the second time I watched this and became a victim to that behaviour as well (and another - okay: small hit - on my rep @GT4 Redbull) Unbelieveable ! Thing is I was extra careful to cirumnavigate usual suspects and foreseeable incidents and than bang! some ruthless idiot is divebombing you (actually the whole pack I was with on purpose) and another one on top of it a few laps after(okay sigh*unexperienced driver perhaps). That totally ruined the beginning of my evening (for half an hour :) )- there really needs to be something done with the RR system in this regard....

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    How, for example?

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You can report intentional wrecking, and it will be dealt with via game bans. Other than that,.as above, what do you suggest? Because short of a system that predicts the future I think that's all that can actually be done.

4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Is it my job to find a solution for those issues ?

Things like voting ingame opens new angles of exploit or misuse anyway...so that the system itself has to be reworked to be able to differentiate much more precise between a low and high velocity impact, it's angle, trajectory & point of impact in relation to surrounding drivers.
    But for that KW probably would need another team to work on exclusively...so yeah, things like that might come, but surely not in the near future nor from Raceroom at this stage.

My point (like with countless other posts) is about to voice my frustration and annoyance in the open cause these issues (and players) exist and frequently are ruining a fair, common Raceroom Racing Experience for all involved and the result is what you see in terms of participation and obligation if you take a look at the Muiltiplayer Lobby, especially for more casual drivers who just want a clean race every now and then, protected by a ranking system that guarantees good matchmaking.

For the serous shit I join a community/league anyway....

5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    No, I mean a general idea of how you expect it to work. Like that, yeah:
    But I'm not sure about how often it happens (outside of free week) to justify developing a new feature/system.

6. Rowan Unning

Rowan Unning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    For eventual third party simracing accident analysis should be allowed some data in spectating mode.

If score system is felt serious by some, would be nice develop a system able to analyze accident, and eventually refund scores by evidences.

Probably more needed in Esport events where bigger prizes are at stake, but it has already plenty of stewards.
    Normal daily stewardless races would be a nice workbench to develop an semi-automatic accident analyzer.

Edit: my fault... just checked... spectator mode already share datas

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
  7. DonaldD

DonaldD Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    The only thing that can solve problems with such idiots is to drive in a league.
    Where people know each other and therefore care.
    Even iRacing have this problem from time to time in their official races.