RRRE now in it's 3rd year. Is there light at the end of this beta tunnel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sayjimwoo, May 12, 2015.

1. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I love RRRE and it is one I have been supporting for a while now and have all content available for it.
    I just wondered if anyone has a link to any information to when they are roughly expecting v.1 to be released (as in this year or next) and what we might expect in the final product. So much work goes into the cars and tracks to purchase but is the same attention going to the core features and gameplay for a full release?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I don't know where this thoughts always come from, but a development team (like Sector3) usually has people for making content and people for making features. While content maker creating cars/tracks 'n stuff, the programmers aren't on vacation. Normally all parts of the team working side by side. Sometimes the programming and testing of new core features need more time than everybody is thinking.

IMHO version 1.0 is just a number and means nothing. (e.g. AC v1.0 wasn't really "complete")
    Most of all Racing sims (iRacing, rF2, AC, GSC, you-name-it) are in constant development these days. There are always physics improvements, new sound features, new shaders, support for new input/output devices and much more. A "final" or "it's done" is quite uncommon.

However, R3E has still a long way to go to implement most of all features on the big big wishlist. (...and i just mean their own wishlist and not the much longer wishlist of the community);)

• Agree Agree x 9
  3. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    No such thing as a complete game these days, sort of makes the "Beta" tag redundant lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    They called it "feature-complete" and announced it as such, meaning that indeed all features and content that they had advertised in the years before on their website, were implemented (check the old website with the feature and content list, if you don't believe it: all points on it were met, without one exception), though in case of some one could argue about the quality (AI, collision physics). Still, what had been promised for 1.0 full release, was there. And the basic functionality for SP versus AI races as well as MP races, had been laid out with 1.0 fur sure.

5. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I'm impressed with the steps Codemasters have taken in terms of their roadmap/timeline for the future of DiRT Rally. It's all laid out what features/content (not specific, but 'packs' they'll be adding until December (official 1.0 launch target). That said, it doesn't stop people asking for/unreasonably demanding things, so who knows if it would solve anything.

I agree that with R3E though, there's no such thing as v1.0; it was always intended to be an ever-evolving title as far as I can tell, and the direction had had to change (for the better IMO!) along the way.

Maybe it would be a good idea to adapt the approach towards a more standard one, maybe not; that's not up to me to decide and I appreciate the way they're going about things at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    To be honest I like how it is at the moment... I'm having fun with R3E at the moment and as it is in BETA I know that it will continually evolve in future. So I have a game that will entertain me for a long time as every update gave me something new to try out.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I love R3E- it's my favorite racing game...but.......Personally i think the BETA tag is a bit ridiculous at this point. Even though the game is still being updated, the game is the game and it has been mass released with content being sold...don't go trying to use BETA as an excuse for issues at this point. Just call it the first release and let us know free updates will still be coming.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom Racing Experience
    Racing simulation under constant development

Instead of "beta"

9. Tribolik

Tribolik New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think its finally (IMO after the last update) a pretty solid and complete experience... a few tweeks here and there (mainly AI, crash physics, damage modeling and if possible remove the online always obligation) and it well be my favority sim of all times.
    I play mainly the single player part of the game...

10. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Officially we`re at V 0.430 so there is enough to do but generally asked about I usually come to those questions when I´m bored....and should spent my time with something completely different for a while...:)

Regarding anything else I widely agree with the "heads-up" comments here ;)

11. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    ^ This.