RRRE - thoughts from a novice to RRRE coming from other racing games now to real simulations

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von Matthias Petz, 25. Januar 2018.

1. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    If the options are grayed out within the setup menue, you can’t change these, because they are fixed for the car within the series it runs in real life .

As you found out already, you can change the seat position. In the options menue, you just have to bind keys (double click into the empty ‚area/box‘).

• Like Like x 1
  2. maanzaadje

maanzaadje Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Also if you're in amateur

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
  4. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0

Thanks Thomas,

I thought that might be the case with the cars setting. However, I was confused because I am currently driving the Camaro GT3 car at Laguna Seca which I cannot seem to change. Yet, I saw a streamer driving the same car at Bathurst and he was making changes to the suspension to dial out understeer.

I will give the keybindings for the seats another shot. I thought I tried double clicking (and everything else I could think of) but maybe I just did not double click fast enough or slow enough or whatever.

Again, thanks for the response.

5. RampageRacing

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I thought about that too. I had the race setting to "Get Real" but I have yet to complete any races. Does the setting control it or is there a threshold that I have to surpass as a driver to change my "Amateur" status within the game?

6. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    you can set Get Real or Amateur in the Race or practise settings menu

7. RampageRacing

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    OK, so it is simply the in game setting. Thanks for the answers guys.

8. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    RRRE64 30-1-2018 19-32-37-987.png

9. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    That's not true (concerning videos on seeting up one's wheel and FFB) - I uploaded a video for the G27 myself on YouTube and Manuel Staedel, for instance, also put up a very informative video about the settings in R3E.
    I link Manuel's video because it's more neutral, more detailed and, thus, more informative than mine:

Oh, I've just noticed that Manuel uploaded an updated video:

Edit: And concerning setups I would recommend Jan Seyffarth's channel on YouTube. He's a real race driver who has just begun to play racing sims on PC and is going to do some videos about setups in racing sims.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 31. Januar 2018