Rubber Band AI somehow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anno900, Jan 20, 2019.

1. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Hi community,

today I had strange AI behaviour.
    Currently I run a champoinship with with audi ttrs, adaptive AI, 2 races at 10 minutes and reversed grid. Race was at Shanghai. At race 1 I started 5th and finished 3rd. Was a good race with plenty of action. AI had good battles with each other and with me as well. Fastest lap was a high 2:10 from AI. My fastest was a mid 2:11. all fine. Made much fun.
    Race 2. I started 6th and was 5th after lap 1. then 2 AI drivers had a crash at turn 2, at which I got held up as well and lost about 5-6 seconds. I was 4th at next corner. 3rd one next to me. Then the strange part. From then on all AI drivers were much too quick (in spite of 1st and 2nd; i had about 9 seconds delay after the crash to 1st). I did not make too many mistakes and my laptimes were between mid 2:11 and mid 2:12 (many battles with AI). AI at 3rd place could catch up those 9 seconds within 3 Laps. Fastest lap was a low 2:09. I ended up 7th cause all AI drivers behind me were 1-2 seconds faster than before the crash and race1. It looked like the game wanted all AI drivers to close the gap to the two Leading AI drivers to make racing closer but I could not hold their pace...
    Has anyone else had such an experince. I find it quite strange. I made such an experince before as well but not AS dramatic as in this race.

Greets

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    cars do go faster when not battling in tight groups so if they were spread out that can make up for a good bit

what ai setting were you using

Andi

3. anno900

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Adaptive AI. Get real mode. TC and ABS on real settings. What I find strange is that AI at 1st place in race 1 and race 2 had fastest lap at 2:10 so about 1 second slower than fastest lap time. And this AI driver was not batteling based on what I saw at HUD and gap between 1st and 2nd. Fastest lap at race 2 was set by AI driver at 3rd place while he catched up those about 6 seconds in about 3 laps. My race level is somewhere between 102-106 based in what I found in aiadapion file

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    the ai do adapt so there is that

Andi

5. anno900

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Additional info. In practise session I was nearly 0.9 seconds slower than 1st. I do not do quali session cause AI at adaptive AI is somehow much faster than in practise vor race session

6. anno900

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    In race 1 i was about 2 seconds behind 2nd and I could catch up. At race 2 after that crash I had no chance to catch up. The AI that overtook me at lap 2 was more than 1 second ahead half a lap later. Then I got preassure from behind and had to drive defensive. So lap time dropped a little bit. THX for fast replies btw