International RWB International GT2 League

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by RWB Charger, Nov 21, 2019.

1. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    RWB International is running a GT2 league starting this Saturday 9.30GMT, we have 29 drivers signed up so 7 spaces left if anyone would like to join, details are.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sign up via Raceapp https://raceapp.eu/#/Series/526?tab=booking&settings=settingsSpecial

You can join the Discord here https://discord.gg/b7g9wGf

It's going to be some close racing as we have found from testing, laptimes range from 2.02 upwards with and average of 2.04 for RA's 1st race.

See you on track ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Joel Willstein

Joel Willstein Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I tried to join last night as I'm really looking for a league more then a club focused on just R3E, and with the few classes that I enjoy racing. I tried to join the race as a guest, but I needed a password, so I posted how to get one in the Discord chat. I have to be a member 1st, so I tried to join, only to find out that I 1st needed to run some open races so that they could evaluate me.

When I checked out the open mini races there is no list of up coming races, which makes no sense to me as someone fairly new to R3E and a returnee to sim racing from the GPL days as I'm now retired (72!!), have the time, and the desire once again.

I only own about 12 tracks and have learned about half to date. So the odds of knowing the tracks that will be raced on isn't in my favor, nor the classes that will be racing. That's why I'm looking for a league more then a club, but there doesn't seem to be any like in the GPL days.

Joel

3. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Hi Joel, I did message you last night, the sign up was still open but you had not raced with us before so as we had 27 cars on track it would have been stupid for us to allow you to race without seeing if you would be ok racing against that many.

We race all week casually and Saturday is our main league race but we do Tues/Thurs and Sunday which are none sign up mini league type races that you can join.

RRE doesnt work the way you are looking to race, the servers are set by different clubs and if you have limited content then you are going to have a hard time finding exactly what you want to suit you.

We do race a lot of tin top cars but we also race Formula to mix things up, as I said for you if you get the remaining 3 tracks on the Saturday GT2 roster and jump in during the week anytime then there will be people practising for the upcoming Saturday, it's not just practice for the race but strategy for tyres fuel and doing practice pits stops etc, some of these guys are putting 30 hours a week practice time in, myself I do about 3-4hours.

Most of these guys have raced with us for months or years and all of them have had to race with us before they joined the main league, you will find most clubs or leagues will have a try out / practise or pre qualy session, if they didn't and allowed anyone to turn up them carnage ensues especially with 27 cars on track.

We do try and cater for what tracks and cars people own but it isn't always doable but we limit new tracks and cars for a few weeks to allow people to get around to buying them, this will be the first time we have used Dubai as it's a new track but that has been out a few weeks now, we do understand that people can't be just dropping money on tracks and cars every week.

I would suggest you look at buying VRP form the Raceroom store over Black Friday sale and buying all the tracks and just the cars you want, personally most of us have just bought premium as it's good to sometimes get out of your comfort zone in cars you wouldn't normally drive, it can be quite fun.

You also don't have to be a member to race with us, I don't know where that idea came from and the only scheduled races we have advertised are Sat/Sun, Tues Thurs are arrive and drive but as I say we race every day and if you pop on voice you can request a car and some tracks for an evenings open racing we do that for new people, we also have training nights were our resident aliens help people out on car set up, strategies and general racecraft.

• Like Like x 1