Question @S3 about new Aerodynamics & DRS

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by n01sname, Nov 19, 2016.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    @Sonat Ozturk , @J-F Chardon : Yesterday @Virtualracing during our first serious Testsession with DTM 15 at Slovakia (VRTM-League) we all noticed a certain change regarding the effiency of DRS (and aerodynamics in general). Some said they feel no impact at all anymore , my personal impression is that the effect is still there but certainly not as intense as before, means you have to work much harder to get your opponent even with DRS activated.
    Tbh. I welcome to have a little more "tamed" DRS functionality, cause specially at League Races on a high level I found it sometimes annoying that you can overtake/or being overtaken quiet effortless the moment you sit behind someone within the DRS window (actually wiping the floor with that one).
    But is it supposed to be that way like I describe now ? Some additional info from your side ?

Thx

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  2. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I have some strange thinks about DTM....i also did notice the DRS doenst give the same advantage that before...and also, i played 2 races with DTM 2013 and notice that in straight line in high speed it was hard to get that car straight...i was always going one side to another....with DRS on it even worse.

3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    *bump*

4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Curious about this also and sent the devs a question about it. Not sure if I'll get a response but I'll share here if I do.

Think this might be low priority for now while they are working on getting the servers stable and some of the bigger bugs that have become known since the patch.