Bug Screen freezing when going to setup

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Leen, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Leen

Leen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi
    When I practice a few laps and want to go to the garage for changing the setup, the screen is freezing on the setup menu.
    [​IMG]

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Hi. Do you use a Logitech wheel by any chance?

3. Leen

Leen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes I do use a Logitech G27

4. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    These game freezes seem to be linked to a recent Logitech software update....they're happening all over the place.... As far as I know Logitech have been contacted but as it stands there's not much can be done from our end. Some people have said that using the older Logitech software works while the newer g-hub software doesn't. Try closing down the Logitech software from the tray in windows? Although that may make the wheel stop working? Long time since I ran Logitech wheels full time.

5. Leen

Leen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, I use the older software driver version and not the updated version, I will try to!close down the Logitech profiler and let you know tomorrow thanks in advance.

6. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I tested with my old dfgt wheel the other week using old Logitech profiler and still had some issues so it's not a definite fix by any means.

7. Leen

Leen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I closed the profiler but it ain't solved the problem the screen freeze like before and that's the only problem I have right now, does Sector 3 studios has investigate this bug already?

8. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I'll find out

9. Leen

Leen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The profiler is version 5.10.127 from 2010, but I don't think it's the problem of this bug.
    First of august I was playing raceroom for the last time and since yesterday I start raceroom and the first thing what happen my G27 doesn't work because a Thrusmaster steering wheel was the default one, so I change it back to my G27 and then the bug showing up.
    Has it something to do whit the last raceroom update perhaps?

10. Leen

Leen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have tried it without the g27 and disabled profiler the same bug and problem so it has to be in the game software.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  11. Leen

Leen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @ravey1981 do you find something to solved this bug?

12. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I have similar issue. Sometimes it takes several tries to get into a setup. Most of the time the setup doesn't load and after 10 or so seconds stuck on this grey screen it returns me back to previous screen. I usually manage to get it loaded up after several tries, but it's a bit annoying between quali and race, because sometimes I just don't have anough time to get into setup and set a proper race fuel.

My issue is not connected to Logitech software, because I have Thrustmaster wheel and no Logitech peripherals or software at all.