Problem Screen Stays Blank

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Chip Adams, Jun 21, 2023.

1. Chip Adams

Chip Adams New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    After selecting a race it runs through and loads the race and it appears that everything will work normally, but after the screen appears to start the race, the screen goes blank, but the background noise continues. Any idea what to try? I keep trying a complete shut down, but it doesn't fix it.

Thanks

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried changing the camera?

3. Chip Adams

Chip Adams New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for responding. I can't even get into settings now to try to change anything because when I do that the screen goes blank there as well. Someone mentioned to me that the recent Microsoft updates may have caused the problem. I'll try anything to fix this, but my knowledge and inner workings of how things work is not where I'd like it, so may require some detail to get through it

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Try renaming/deleting this file: Documents\My games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\graphics_options.xml. The game will create a new one with default settings.

If it doesn't help, then rename this whole folder: Documents\My games\SimBin (give it whatever name you want, this is just so that you have a backup of this folder instead of simply deleting it).