Problem Second Monitor as R3E-Monitor does not work

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Alex Stiene, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Alex Stiene

Alex Stiene New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello Racers,

first of all, i wish you merry christmas.

I have bought a playseat and i use there, as second monitor, my old FHD-TV right now. My setup looks like this:
    Desktop: 29" 21:9 Monitor 2560x1080 @ 75Hz
    Playseat: 32" 16:9 old TV 1920x1080 @ 60 Hz
    Grafics card is a Nvidia GTX 1060

You can choose in the R3E-settings on which monitor Raceroom should start. Here i choose the 2.monitor - the old TV, but R3E will not start there. It starts always at the primary monitor.

As workaround i have tried to "duplicate" the display, but thats also an disaster, because the display-specifications are so different. Right now, if i want to play R3E, i set the old TV to primary monitor and after playing i set my desktop back to primary. It`s also ... annoying. :(

Perhaps somebody have the same setup and can help me how to adjust the settings.
    Thank you for your time and help.

Best regards Alex

BTW: I will receive my new 34" 21:9 3840x1440 monitor soon as new Playseat monitor.
    Then i have at least the same aspect ratio with 21:9 ^^

2. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Hi Alex,

That's strange because I do exactly the same as yours.
    (I have 3 monitors, but can't use them as triple screen).
    In Windows settings (control panel, I use Windows 10):
    • 1 = my gaming monitor (= number 3 in Raceroom) (1920x1080 at 75Hz)
    • 2 = my primary monitor (= number 1 in RaceRoom if I remember correctly) (1920x1080 at 60Hz)
    • 3 = my other monitor (my good old friend at 1680x1050)
    But when I change the monitor number in the settings and click apply, it directly changes the game to the correct monitor (like it should).
    Do you drive in (borderless) windowed or in full screen?
    Perhaps change it to (borderless) windowed with the your primary monitor set as primary in Windows (so the one you don't want to use ingame), the game will maybe ask to be restarted, so do that.
    Then, when the game launched again, try to change the number monitor only (and maybe the resolution too) and click apply. Normally, it should be shown on the correct screen.

3. Alex Stiene

Alex Stiene New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much for your reply and support.
    Normally i drive fullscreen mode.

I have tried all most possible settings. Windowed in 1280x720 @ 60Hz, as example.
    Even with this "safe setting", that both monitors can handle, the game was always shown in my primary display, doesn`t matter which monitor i have choosen in-game. Thats pretty strange ...

Perhaps i receive today my new monitor and then i will try it again. Then all monitors are in 21:9 and also connected via DispalyPort.

4. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    You're welcome.
    I still find it strange.
    I forgot to say, but my gaming monitor (non primary) is also connected via DisplayPort while the 2 others in DVI.
    If it still doesn't work, you could maybe upload the game logs (but the devs are on vacation now :/ ).

5. Alex Stiene

Alex Stiene New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I have connected the new monitor and still the same issues. (1) LG 29" (2) DELL 34". Also is the (1) LG set as primary monitor in the Win10-Settings. I have attached the Win10 Settings. It is in german. but that should be no problem :D

If i change between the two monitors in-game i can set the for (2) 3440x1440 @ 60Hz. If i press the apply-button, the LG (1) flickers and ask me if i want accept the settings. If i go back to main menu and switch to the video-settings again there is set (1) 2560x1080 @ 75Hz.

When i set the (2) DELL as "primary monitor" in the Win10-Settings, R3E will start there. The issues is that all other applications, games and windows will now open also at this monitor and i need to move it with the mouse to my (1) LG-monitor. Problem is that the DELL is in another corner of the room and need to perform contortions to see the Playseat (2) Dell-monitor.:rolleyes::eek::(

I also have deleted the SimBin Folder, so R3E creates fresh config-files. Haven`t worked ... Next try, i will re-install the display driver ...

Attached Files:

6. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Did you accept the changes?
    Can you try this:
    1. change to windowed mode (instead of full screen) (let it on primary monitor) & apply
    2. close the game
    3. launch the game
    4. change to full screen, choose the wanted monitor & resolution, apply
    5. the game will ask to restart. So close & relaunch the game
    If I forget to power on my gaming monitor, the game will launch on primary monitor in windowed mode (so, I need to do step 4 & 5 to play on correct monitor)

7. Alex Stiene

Alex Stiene New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Does not work :mad::confused: Have re-installed the Nvidia-driver. Only difference now is that in the Win10-settings the LG is identified as (2) and the Dell as (1). I give up an try a tool to switch monitor-profile-settings.

Other option is to buy the same Dell-monitor again, then i can duplicate the display ;):rolleyes:
    Donations accepted ... o_O:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    But does it save the changes? I suppose that you press on apply?

EDIT: If you try in windowed mode, you should be able to move the window to correct screen by yourself

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  9. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    In Windows 10 have you made the correct display as your main display?

10. Alex Stiene

Alex Stiene New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    @Karting06
    Yes, i can move it on the (2) DELL, but when i click to enlarge the window, the R3E-window will be "warped" back to the LG and goes fullscreen there. Pretty strange :confused::rolleyes:

@FormelLMS
    Jooup, primary is my desktop-monitor, the LG, as you can see in the screenshot three post above.

I have quickly bought Desktop Fusion on Steam. Looks fine right now and i can switch monitor profiles with hotkeys. Every Monitor has also an unique taskbar, but uses the same "traybar" on the right side.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Not like the default one of Windows 10?
    (Primary monitor = one with Slack, Network & sound icon)

Attached Files: