Secondary Key Binding and Setup Suggests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gerson Malty, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Gerson Malty

Gerson Malty Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

Maybe the developers have already thought about this and did not implement it for some reason, but I would really find it very useful and practical if we could leave a secondary key binding that can be set in the sequential gear buttons, because every time I need to use the sequential gear add on, I need Disable the preset buttons that are being used for the fast gear switchers behind the steering wheel.

Another suggestion that can facilitate these issues would be to be able to configure each car with its best way to drive, including these options in the setup menu of each vehicle, so these settings will be saved. It will be very useful to be used in cars that use sequential, clutch or with h-patternal shifts on/off, etc. Finally, they are only suggestions that can be implemented, in my point of view, in a simple way.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You can create several controller profiles for the same controller.
    So what you can do is create one profile for each shifting mode (paddles, seq, h-pattern) and then simply switch between those instead of re-assigning the functions themselves.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I would just like the home key cams to be bindable to a button.it is about the only thing that isnt.wouldn't have thought it was that hard to do.

4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Which cams are these? Not in game at the moment and cant recall.

Are you talking about cockpit, hood, chase cam? Or is this a different set.

5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Hi Nate,I think they are called the tv cameras home key changes them.

6. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    We have asked for this for a long time. And the latest answer was:

And the date was
    Feb 23, 2016

7. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    because in reality its pointless as the end user within minutes can create another profile , its not hard to do ; then it takes a second to switch profiles thus giving you the options
    so copy your paddles one , save it outside the game (on your desktop) : open game rename as paddles close game ; put the old one back in the folder , open game rename sequential and map the buttons..

so in the time it took you to write the post and link to reply it would have been done

Andi

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    1.jpg 0wfJsta.jpg
    There's a lot of settings we can change and save per car. I really can`t find a good reason to not have settings for gearbox and clutch. Maybe in the same place?

Yes we can swap profiles, but i look forward to the day we don`t have to.

• Like Like x 1