Bug Sepang wrong track limit

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ChatCureuil, Sep 30, 2017.

1. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    First start on this track, I don't know how to take the first turn (last of the track) and find a wrong track limit, my next lap time has been cancelled:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    This one is flirting with the limit, but shouldn't it be OK as I have 2 wheels on kerb?

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Today, I had a lap cancelled while driving somehow in the middle of that first corner, is that possible? I didn't touch the curbs neither in the inside nor at the outside. I should have done the video :/

5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the videos of the areas you feel are a concern.

That video of the last corner is a bit funny if that is giving a cut penalty :D I'll check it out to see if I get the same there, and then report it.

Out of curiosity, are you getting the yellow cut track warning that appears in the top middle of the screen? Or the black & white flag that warns you of being off track in the top left corner of the screen?

I ask because only the yellow warning in the middle is a cut track warning that would invalidate your hot lap. While the flag in the top left corner is just a notification, and doesnt really mean anything. The 2 arent synced together, which is why the flag in the top left corner sometimes appears when it shouldnt.

The cut track system is far more complex than I can even attempt to understand. (meaning, it doesnt make much sense to me at times, and not all tracks follow the same logic :( )

However, from what 'should' be the cut track rule for new tracks...

"2 wheels beyond the kerb is not allowed, unless you still have 2 wheels on the tarmac"

This should be the game logic that is used here. Meaning, you can have 2 wheels beyond the kerb, as long as your other 2 wheels are on the racing tarmac. So, since your 2 left side wheels were past the kerb, this was a cut because your 2 right side wheels were on the kerb.

Video 3 with the hairpin though doesnt seem to follow this logic... so Im not too sure. Cut track penalties are funky, yo :D

Edit: Looking closer at video 3... it seems your right side wheels go over the kerb too, instead of staying on the tarmac. So according to the above game logic, this is correctly given as a cut track. (look at the right rear tire at 0:07 in the video)

6. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    All the examples are yellow cut track penalties.
    But AFAIK in R3E kerb is considered as tarmac, isn't it?

7. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I don't think that it is tarmac. See, Spa (if I remember correctly).