Problem Server running causes game to minimize randomly

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by tothrauldaniel, Jan 22, 2017.

1. tothrauldaniel

tothrauldaniel Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    No matter what I acctualy do in the game itself, if I have a server running the game randomly minimizes to desktop. Is this known, is it a problem with the game or could it be at my end and if so what are the possible causes to investigate?

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Whenever looking for any form of support its always good to add your system specs OS and hardware to your post (its best to put it in your signature .....
    are you on windows 10 if so its probably a windows 10 loosing focus thing
    Andi

3. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Windows or something running within is stealing focus away from it causing it to minimise, you can run task manager and see what is running and close a few safe programs down, if win10 open task manager go to the details page right click the server exe and set priority to above normal or high maybe even realtime, in win7 i think its just a case of right click the exe and select a higher prority.
    Best option would be to find out which service or program is stealing focus away and to stop that running while the server is running or to give it a low priority.

4. tothrauldaniel

tothrauldaniel Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I am on Windows 10 with latest updates on it and drivers. So I see how it works now, it's the server itself stealing focus from the actual game window. Will try some tweaking in windows.